Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toronto FC - Here we go again

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Toronto FC are in the process of instantly selling out their entire season's home games.

Got tickets for games against New England, Kansas, DC and Columbus for myself. Much better than last year when I only managed to get tickets for one game. Can't wait.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Toronto FC are in the process of instantly selling out their entire season's home games.

Got tickets for games against New England, Kansas, DC and Columbus for myself. Much better than last year when I only managed to get tickets for one game. Can't wait.
This makes no sense - I'm not surprised you have had no response.

And shouldnt you be playing in the Canadian League (if there is one)?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the five games i witnessed at bmo field in 2007 were f***ing BRILLIANT

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This makes no sense - I'm not surprised you have had no response.

And shouldnt you be playing in the Canadian League (if there is one)?
I think all the teams playing in American leagues from various sports , Ice Hockey , Baseball and Football wouldn't have such a high profile in a domestic league because their relative success is based on the media.

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
Go SOUNDERS :ascarf:

ljungberg.jpg

sounders_fc.jpg

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I've been reading some stuff about Toronto FC. The descriptions have said it's the MLS team with the most fanatical genuinely soc... (sorry I can't say that word) football-loving fanbase, in a way any European fan would completely recognise. Every game sold out, loads of singing, great atmosphere etc. (rubbish on the pitch, but you can't have everything)

The only thing looking at the stadium is looks very open...

As we know here, noise evaporates without a roof over the stands, are you getting any? And a bigger stadium?

Sounds like a great club to encourage if the MLS is to properly take root...

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
There's a wooden spoon floating around up there someplace, JA. Wouldn't have an explanation for that utensil's presence, would ye?

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
I thought it was only Quebec where they spoke French.

(And before some wise guy replies, I know they also speak it in France!)

Juan Albion

I thought it was only Quebec where they spoke French.

(And before some wise guy replies, I know they also speak it in France!)

Don't tell that to New Brunswick, the only officially bilingual province.

But these are almost certainly English-speaking Canadians, making fun of the fact that the stereotypical dumb Yank thinks all Canadians speak French.

Juan Albion

There's a wooden spoon floating around up there someplace, JA. Wouldn't have an explanation for that utensil's presence, would ye?

Hmmm, same number as the Revolution then. That's not too bad. :p

Notice how David Beckham's Galaxy were runners-up for the spoon last season? :clap2:

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
I believe Quebec doesn't even recognise English officially? I remember a documentary some years ago about some laws they introduced which restricted the display of English with some bizarre results - can you give us some examples?

Juan Albion

Is it true you can drink beers at that stadium? Has there ever been a pitch invasion?Are the stewards better or worse than ours?

Beer? Absolutely.

Pitch invasions?

[yt]AyLWroosjKs[/yt]

I guess that was after the game as there's no-one left in the seats.

Never noticed the stewards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here