CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
1. FerDINand
2. Gerrard
3. Bent
4. Young
5. ???

We need Terry, Heskey, Ashton, Gary Neville (notice how much we've missed him?) and possibly Ledly King back.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
1. Not his fault, only ever comes on for 10 minutes. Defensive player, not going to help you win a game, but good to shore up defense.

2. Played resonably well. not great but young and only second international.

3. Not match fit? not entirly his fault. Maybe should have declared himself unavialable?

4. Not an good performance, but not awful either. distinctly average.

5. see 4.

I think we can al agree that the currnet England set u phas an embaressment of quality players - individually. But the whole isnt working. The player to drop is Sven. Need someone in charge that takes charge and will tell the likes of Beckham and Gerad that they have to fight for their place.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I think Beckham was awesome last night, Rooney was out of order BUT why play him on the wing FFS!!??

Luke Young showed promise....

The team play shite, but my blame is at Sven!! the FA have got him on such a high contract.... would you walk?

He is waiting for the sack... dont blame him either, he'll be set up for life!!

Stumpy Tim

I've always defended Sven (even yesterday), but..... it was either George Graham or Brian Clough who said he would sell his players every 5 years because "it's either their job or mine". Sven simply hasn't changed the team apart from the obvious & it could well be his time to go. His players feel too comfortable & we may well need a new man in charge. Tha counts Mclaren, and probably Peter Taylor, out. I would go Curbishley

Young wouldn't be in the team if Neville was fit, but this does show a lack of cover. Glen Johnson hasn't looked up to it either.

As for dropping Gerrard, Lampard and Owen that is the typical knee jerk reaction that you'd expect after a defeat like that. It's also ridiculous. The formation was the undoing last night.

I do agree with dropping Hargreaves though. I have no idea what qualities he is supposed to bring to the squad because he has not yet ever displayed them in an England shirt.

Ferdinand needs to be dropped to give him a kick up the arse. He is a good player but lately he has been utter gash. If Terry, King and maybe even Campbell had been fit then he could have been left out.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Young wouldn't be in the team if Neville was fit, but this does show a lack of cover. Glen Johnson hasn't looked up to it either.

As for dropping Gerrard, Lampard and Owen that is the typical knee jerk reaction that you'd expect after a defeat like that. It's also ridiculous. The formation was the undoing last night.

I do agree with dropping Hargreaves though. I have no idea what qualities he is supposed to bring to the squad because he has not yet ever displayed them in an England shirt.

Ferdinand needs to be dropped to give him a kick up the arse. He is a good player but lately he has been utter gash. If Terry, King and maybe even Campbell had been fit then he could have been left out.

Not sure I agree with that about Gerrard, he hasn't played well in an England shirt for a long time.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Trigger said:

6. Twat Twaton Twatiksson

Doesn't he play centre mid for belarus?

Terry - Over rated
Lampard - Fat (Compelling i know but i'm not a fan)
Young - Steady but not international
Johnson - Shit
Bent - Not ready yet

Hargreaves is awesome!!!

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Kylies Stunt Arse said:

Hardly a knee-jerk reaction; Gerrard and Lampard in particular have been consistently gash in both formations. One needs to have a bench seat for a while, Lampard especially doesn't deserve his place in the team.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Lampard
Gerrard
Carragher
Hargreaves
Johnson (if he's not good enough to play,he shouldn't be in the squad)

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Robinson - should have saved that shot, FDM would have.
Hargreaves - complete wanker.
Beckham - cannot make the grade other than in this crap formation which only suits him.
Rooney - liability.
Owen - not match fit.

Wright- Phillips - because of his dad! :lolol:

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
I would stop worrying about who to drop and start concentrating on formation, movement and motivation.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
3gulls said:
Robinson - should have saved that shot, FDM would have.
Hargreaves - complete wanker.
Beckham - cannot make the grade other than in this crap formation which only suits him.
Rooney - liability.
Owen - not match fit.

Wright- Phillips - because of his dad! :lolol:

Im not sure how you can say drop Robinson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here