Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toothpaste and shaving foam galore

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I fly out of the UK once or twice every week. Most of my trips are no more than one or two nights so I only take carry-on luggage.

Now my problem is that since these stupid restrictions were introduced at UK airports a few weeks back I cannot take toothpaste or shaving foam with me through security at Heathrow or Gatwick. Therefore once or twice a week I buy both items in the airside shops, use each a couple of times and bring them back to the UK (no problem bringing them through security coming into the country ... how stupid is that ... surely if it's a security problem it's a security problem everywhere).

So I have dozens of tubes of toothpaste and dozens of cans of shaving foam at home ... all only used once or twice. It'll take me forever to use them all up.

Do you think once-used tubes of toothpaste and once-used cans of shaving foam would sell well on e-bay??? Or have NSCers any other bright suggestions?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
stay at a decent hotel, call reception and tell them you forgot your wash bag, they will give you complimentary items which you can dispose of. ( or better still charge to the company on expenses).

or as the previous poster said check the luggage in..

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
There are loads of charities who collect things like that to send overseas and stuuf, for those who don't have access to them or can't afford them!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Toothpaste and shaving foam galore

readingstockport said:
Ermm, put them into the checked luggage?

But, as I pointed out, I try to avoid checking baggage.

I work in the airline industry so I KNOW what we do to checked baggage!!

And in the time you wait for it to appear on the carousel
I could be halfway downtown.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
goldstone said:

Now my problem is that since these stupid restrictions were introduced at UK airports a few weeks back I cannot take toothpaste or shaving foam with me through security at Heathrow or Gatwick.

these 'stupid' restrictions are there for a reason :angry:

rool

Jul 10, 2003

The Wookiee said:

It's to make us nice clean brits smell like all the other johnny foreigners and don't let anyone tell you otherwise

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

The Wookiee said:

You really think so??

In which case why do they not apply on flights into the UK?

It's all bullshit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here