Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Too much gloom and doom

What' all the fuss about? So we can't win at home but doing ok on the road. Enough points still to play for. Worse teams in our division. A new Stadium to look forward to. It would appear that the club is on sound financial ground.
Mid table at the end of the season. Cheer up or go and watch CP!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My "beef" is that optimism alone will not keep us up. I agree there are 4 much, much worse teams than us in this division, probably at least half a dozen.

But games are running out, and unless we start putting some daylight between us I can see us going down on the last day because some freakish results will go against us and it will be too late.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My "beef" is that optimism alone will not keep us up. I agree there are 4 much, much worse teams than us in this division, probably at least half a dozen.

But games are running out, and unless we start putting some daylight between us I can see us going down on the last day because some freakish results will go against us and it will be too late.

But everything logical suggests we won't go down, form since Poyet took over is midtable, what makes you think our performances are going to get WORSE when they have (clearly) been getting better?

Any mention of the R word will be met with a 7 DAY BAN one hopes

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The ghastly run of fixtures we have coming up this month is giving me the heebiejeebies.
I'll be mildly surprised if we are NOT in the bottom 4 come March. And thats not a good time of the season to start playing catchup.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Are there really any worse teams? We have only beaten two of them at home in the league. You are deluding yourself!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I had optimism last season that everything would come good and we would finish mid table. I'm not making the same mistake this year so am expecting another dogfight that goes right down to the wire. Too many people keep saying "If we play like we did against so-and-so, then we'll be fine", but time is beginning to run out and we need some results rather than keep clinging on to promising performances.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The ghastly run of fixtures we have coming up this month is giving me the heebiejeebies.
I'll be mildly surprised if we are NOT in the bottom 4 come March. And thats not a good time of the season to start playing catchup.

Not me. Remember we're playing Leeds and Charlton AWAY, not at home.

We will pick up points in February, mark my (insane) words.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
We won't beat Leeds away from home. We MIGHT get a draw somehow but that is 1 point. YES ONE POINT WE ARE SAVED. Just admit it you absolute FOOLS that we are in real serious trouble.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not me. Remember we're playing Leeds and Charlton AWAY, not at home.

We will pick up points in February, mark my (insane) words.

Well you can hang your hat on Norwich and Huddersfield raping our bottoms at Sandcastle Withdean. And whilst we've picked up some useful points on the road, I honestly don't see us getting anything at the 2nd and 3rd placed teams. They'll have got their recent little wobbles out of their systems by the time we pitch up, I fear.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I had optimism last season that everything would come good and we would finish mid table. I'm not making the same mistake this year so am expecting another dogfight that goes right down to the wire. Too many people keep saying "If we play like we did against so-and-so, then we'll be fine", but time is beginning to run out and we need some results rather than keep clinging on to promising performances.

Why do people keep saying this? We ARE getting results! One loss in 5 and it's back to "results need to turn around". One loss in 5 is upper midtable form.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We won't beat Leeds away from home. We MIGHT get a draw somehow but that is 1 point. YES ONE POINT WE ARE SAVED. Just admit it you absolute FOOLS that we are in real serious trouble.

On current form we will finish around 15th. How is that "serious trouble"?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Tough run to come but I'd prefer to play them now than have them as our last half a dozen or so games.

Plenty to be optimistic about, we're going to reach the promised land of League One survivial come what May don't you worry about that.

:clap:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Yeovil are in 14th place, but only have 3 more points than us. Our run of fixtures against the top 5 is tough, but everyone else has to play them still, and it does leave us with an "easier" run in, in theory.
It doesnt look great as things stand, but there must be enough quality in their to at least avoid relegation.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Why do people keep saying this? We ARE getting results! One loss in 5 and it's back to "results need to turn around". One loss in 5 is upper midtable form.

If Oldham win of their two games in hand then we're in the bottom 4.

And as said above we now have a run of tricky games that we would do well to get any points out of it. Given our poor results when we first played the likes of Leeds, Norwich Charlton and Huddersfield I am very worried

Edit: Plus draws against Leyton Orient and Stockport is certainly not upper midtable form

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here