Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's moan

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Ticket prices - why so cheap for Swindon but yet such a bloody rip off for Hartlepool?!

Expect sub 3000 crowds..in BOTH games.

Shambles!:cool:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Even you should know the answer to that one.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I agree. I'd definitely go if it was a tenner but £18 is too much in my opinion. One thing is, both sides have to agree on pricing for cup games so it could not only be down to us.

vitusvivi

May 30, 2008
18 quid for games at this level is a rip off. The football league should put a cap on ticket prices.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's the F.A Cup, the most romantic competition in the world.

Get yourself down Withdean and cheer them on, I'll be there!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I've got a season ticket and been to the league cup games.

I think the season ticket should cost a little more but cover all cup competitions. That way it will ensure 5k+ crowds for every game, not just league games....

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I've got a season ticket and been to the league cup games.

I think the season ticket should cost a little more but cover all cup competitions. That way it will ensure 5k+ crowds for every game, not just league games....

Problem with that being you don't know how many home cup games you're going to get.

Take this season for example, still in 2 cup competitions and including Swindon and Hartlepool, we would have played no less than 6 cup games at home.

Which means, how much extra do you charge for the season ticket? Tricky one.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Ticket prices - why so cheap for Swindon but yet such a bloody rip off for Hartlepool?!

Expect sub 3000 crowds..in BOTH games.

Shambles!:cool:

With it being the FA cup I would imagine that any ticket price reductions would have to be agreed between the home and away club.

Not really in the away clubs interest to have the prices reduced, so unless they agree I would image it's a non starter.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
With it being the FA cup I would imagine that any ticket price reductions would have to be agreed between the home and away club.

Not really in the away clubs interest to have the prices reduced, so unless they agree I would image it's a non starter.

...and because Hartlepool have further - much further - to come.

Sound dumb? It's probably also to do with the point that Brighton have to chip in for their travel expenses and their (probable) hotel expenses.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Do you ever start a positive thread.

Sometimes if you can't think of anything good to say it might be better to say nothing at all!

Just a thought.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I paid NINETEEN POUNDS for three tickets in the family stand. Seems reasonable value to me.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Yep I paid £21 for me and my 13 year old. Quite happy with that.

The club obviously thinks about its pricing but when we consider we did not even sell out against Derby, it probably thinks that that the amount of extra fans that it might attract by lowering prices would be insufficient to make it financially viable.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we reach Round 3 and get a big club at Withdean will people still be moaning about the ticket prices ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
and Hartlepool have to agree.

The club wanted to significantly lower the price for the Mansfield game last year, and THEY vetoed it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
£7 for me to pay a visit to cheltenham v oldham on saturday - and keep the ticket stub and it is only £4.50 to get into the league game with southend

good times :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here