At - trolley and CKR

:clap:

It's an all-Chelsea central midfield :)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Leon captain.

I for one think he deserves it.

He has applied himself far better so far this season and his work rate has been second to none.

He has also been more mature in handling being played out of position for the benefit of the team.

Well done Leon. :clap2:

I think I would rather have Hammond and Nicolas in the middle and Knight on the left though.

Still, Knight could be the creative midfielder we have been looking for!

Richie Morris said:
Still, Knight could be the creative midfielder we have been looking for!

That has been McGhee's big idea of the season so far. Surprisingly little comment about on NSC so far given the amount of angst spilt on the central midfield positions.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would love to see Leon developing into a deeper role.

Not sure he is the right player to play in a centre midfield pair but he certainly has the ability to go past players, something our midfielders have lacked, and also to play a killer pass which is something only he and Reid ever look like doing.

I guess tonight will give us some indication but I wouldnt be surprised if he plays well.

Also, better to try it tonight against weaker opposition then to throw Leon into the midfield battle against the likes of Reading.

Im actually quite excited by this game now.

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
good line up i think!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
A solid line-up but no place for Robinson? At least we now have some decent HEIGHT up at the front. Shame about the shorty midfield though...

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
With that midfield I would have thought it was more of a diamond with Nicolas sitting infront of the back four and Knight in a more attacking role.

Also will mean Hammond is more tucked in which would suit his game more.

Hope it works because I think Nicolas could give our back four the protection it has been lacking and Knight could start unlocking defences.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
London Irish said:
It's an all-Chelsea central midfield :)

Why is Hammond worth £11 million

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here