Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's game v Rovers

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Jarrett in for Mayo according to todays Argus. Otherwise, it seems we're likely to field an unchanged side from Saturday.

Kuipers
Virgo Cullip Butters Harding
Currie Hinshelwood Nicholas Jarrett
Knight Molango

Great to see Jarrett in the starting line up again. Now we need to make sure that he gets 90 minutes on the pitch. Let's hope that McGhee resists the temptation to substitute Jarrett for either Jones or Mayo tonight.

:rolleyes:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
well if we're 3-0 up with 30mins to go I'd want Jarrett off and rested for saturday (amongst others), no point risking injury. OK its still an important game cos we could have a big team in the next round but IF we are 3-0 up or thereabouts we gotta think about Preston as the league is just as important.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
CrabtreeBHA said:
well if we're 3-0 up with 30mins to go I'd want Jarrett off and rested for saturday (amongst others), no point risking injury. OK its still an important game cos we could have a big team in the next round but IF we are 3-0 up or thereabouts we gotta think about Preston as the league is just as important.

3-0? Can't see it somehow but I'm keeping everthing crossed.

:drink:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
heh yeah me neither but you know what I mean ;)

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Wont be easy tonight, they haven't conceded away from home yet. Agogo & Forrester up front are very usual and Atkins's team are always strong & disciplined.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Read that Agogo has got 4 goals already, about time Cullip had a good game as I think he's been pretty average recently, needs to be on his toes tonight.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
they are more than capable of causing a shock if we aint on our game.junior agogo and jamie forrester are a very decent division 3 strike force

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Mystic mind reader and Derren Brown impersonator, Theseus Megalarge predicts:

Brighton 1 - 0 Bristol Rovers

'Wonderkid' Jake Robinson given debut in goal for the Seagulls following Michel Kuipers getting his fingers stuck in his toaster whilst preparing his usual breakfast of scrambled eggs on toast. Mark McGhee paces the touchline in hiking boots and waterproofs after taking Bob Booker's comments that this season would be an uphill struggle a little too literally.

Things take a turn for the worst when the match ball becomes lodged in one of Withdean's trees after a wild shot by hitman David Lee. Match officials are left confused as it appears that all other footballs have been punctured by John Piercy's incredibly pointed toes during the warm up. After a brief intermission, play is resumed after Nathan Jones steals a young girls programme and demonstrates his previously unknown knowlege of origami by creating a near-perfect paper football. Unfortunately, during the ensuing rainfall, it degenerates into a sodden mess which is trampled all over the pitch. The match is just about to be abandoned, when Bob Booker points out to the referee that the Rovers keeper had a small speck of damp paper stuck to the bottom of his boot whilst collecting his water bottle from the back of the net. To the disbelief of the Bristol Team, the referee gives the goal then blows the final whistle, saying that he had better get home because his wife had "cooked a nice roast"...

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Surely we dont need Hinshelwood in midfield tonight, put Currie in the middle and bring OGH in on the right.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Zebedee said:

Kuipers
Virgo Cullip Butters Harding
Currie Hinshelwood Nicholas Jarrett
Knight Molango

Great to see Jarrett in the starting line up again. Now we need to make sure that he gets 90 minutes on the pitch. Let's hope that McGhee resists the temptation to substitute Jarrett for either Jones or Mayo tonight.

That is out strongest side IMHO. I also share your views regarding Jarrett.

I wouldn't mind Knight being subbed for Jake at some point though but I guess Knight needs to match practice...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
David Lee still rules as my right midfielder in Championship manager... my star man almost !

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Marshy said:
David Lee still rules as my right midfielder in Championship manager... my star man almost !

Not mine any more thankfully, he was doing well butI've now got Georgian superstar Lado Burduli running down the wing for me. A free signing from Dinamo Tblisi when I was still in Div 2, typical of the realistic signings possible in CM:shootself

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Don Tmatter said:
Surely we dont need Hinshelwood in midfield tonight, put Currie in the middle and bring OGH in on the right.

OGH no longer has what it takes in my view, particularly at Championship level. Sad but true.

:(

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Desert Orchid said:
Did you see OGH in the reserves last week? Inept and inert.

Did you see Currie on Saturday? I wouldnt say inept or inert, just shit! I think this would be a good game for harty!

kevinbha

Aug 25, 2003
Worthing
How come Currie is due to play, he was embaressing on Saturday, the is a one trick pony, with no pace, surely Hart or Robinson would be a much better bet. His record over the years is not that good, got Barnet relagted to the conf, then Wycombe, could not get a place at Colchester, then we give him a contract ? and then play him ?, words fail me

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought people were saying after the Coventry game that Currie was the new Zidane. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here