Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomorrow

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No, but as 8 is a lucky number for the Chinese, I'd hazard a guess that's why the Olympic Games start tomorrow?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yes, and that is why the Olympics are kicking off tomorrow, because the number 8 is lucky for the Chinese.

1066gull

I wonder, this was the only time China wanted the Olympics? I mean, 2012 wouldn't have 888?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder, this was the only time China wanted the Olympics? I mean, 2012 wouldn't have 888?

No, they bid for the 2000 Games, and were devastated when Sydney won the rights...or was it Athens on 2004? Either way, they were mightily pissed off, a bit like the French when London got 2012
:lolol:

But obviously when they were awarded 2008, it was natural that they wanted to go for 08.08.08.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, but as 8 is a lucky number for the Chinese, I'd hazard a guess that's why the Olympic Games start tomorrow?

No prizes for guess what time the opening ceremony, starts.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
On the BBC this morning that every maternity hospital in china is booked out with women wanting caesarians so their sprogs are born on a lucky day!

Obviously they dont know that being born an Englishman is to win the first prize in the Lottery of life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here