Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick to Bournemouth and new player coming in tomorrow? (mod: title edited)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
No it isn't. He is in his final year of his contract and i doubt it will be renewed. Whatever we get for Elphick is good business

A matter of opinion. Our views clearly differ.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It seems I am in a minority in terms of assessing Elphick's value. I shall say no more.

:smile:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
tommy Elphick150k to Bournemouth

Sorry if fixtures but in Spain and crap reception but just heard Elphick not happy with us due to playing time and 150k going to Bournemouth, no "titanic" jokes if fixutures as I said shit reception for internet where I am

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Sorry if fixtures but in Spain and crap reception but just heard Elphick not happy with us due to playing time and 150k going to Bournemouth, no "titanic" jokes if fixutures as I said shit reception for internet where I am

???

He's been injured since Notts County away hasn't he? I doubt he's said he's not happy due to playing time when he's been unable to play...

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I hadnt seen the pre-season games he featured in, but my reservation with him is that he did still favour the hoofball as a first option.... Bournmouth would be good move for him, them and us.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Would be a good move for him, the team have improved massively since he last played a competitive game, which unfortunately for him means he wouldnt be playing regular 1st team football. Shame as hes a good guy.

Id expect a young guy to come in for CB cover though, maybe that guy from Arsenal.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
So has any of this happened or what? Got 10 minutes left of my break and can't be bothered to trawl through!

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Would be nice to have a sell on clause to give us a few extra £££'s if he is ever sold on in the future. Tommy is never going to get a run of games with us with our squad. Hope it works out for him at B'muff.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Really? I like Tommy but I was quite pleased when I read we were getting a six figure fee for a 24/25 year old player who has never played in the top 2 divisions and has had a bad run with injuries lately.

This

If we can get £150k plus, that represents quite good business. Although he has had only one injury, my understanding was that he had two operations on his ruptured achilles tendon which is not a good sign. Of course, I hope he makes a full recovery but for a player coming back from a major injury and in his last year contract wise, this feels like a good outcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here