Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick is rubbish, sorry if this has offended any of you but i'm afraid he is.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
He is just getting worse and worse or maybe just more sussed out I don't know but it cant keep going on, its like having a youth player play centre back for you. He's a liability to the team in all departments especially with the ball at his feet. As much as I want Graham Smith given a chance, I do feel Kuipers gets put under a lot more pressure than needed, for instance the back passes from Elphick I notice are either unnessary or on to the wrong foot. He's heading ability, other than getting his head under aimless 100ft high nobody balls , is pretty shite. How often have we seen Elphick clear it straight back to the opposition? or miss attacking free headers on the six yard line due to a lack of power in his headers?, he did it today and against Mk dons.
He's clumsy in the tackle being slow and poorly co-ordinated, not a natural born athlete obviously doesn't help. He's also looking a bit like he wants to be the leader before he makes it as a player, too much motivation coming out of ones mouth when it is he who has the demotivating effect of failure with all his inexperienced and clumsy mistakes, more time concentrating and learning for young Tom and less thinking your the Albions version of John Terry, it'll help his lack of concentration. He and we desperately need an experienced centre-back who's not a donkey and can show Tommy and the others the art of defending both his feet, head and also mouth.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He and we desperately need an experienced centre-back who's not a donkey and can show Tommy and the others the art of defending both his their feet, head and also mouth.

Sol Campbell is able to sign for a non premiership club and if the rumours are true Brighton would be an ideal place 1 problem £40k per week.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The answer is to put Dickinson in defence. For some reason, his heading ability improves when he's in defence. :smokin:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Bullshit.
Virgo is the problem.

Virgo's not great, I agree, but I can swear on the Bible I'm definitely not Bull shitting about Elphick, I promise!. I genuinely do think Elphick is an utter pile of rotten stale shite and he isn't showing much sign of potential. Believe me.

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
hurrah lets all get on the back of our players

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
That is the bullshit as he spends all of his time having to cover for TE. 2 seasons ago he was an exciting prospect but he has gone down hill quickly.

Virgo is f***ing awful, and has been for years.
Elphick has his moments, but at least he has his heart in it.
Virgo is a joke of a captain. Maybe he is the problem. Giving no motivation and no encouragement to his team, just swanning round as if he has some divine right to be in the team week in, week out.
Whoever wrote up that contract is a fool.
Elphick/Crofts/Forster for captain, Tunnicliffe in, Virgo and El-Abd out

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

spunkmonkey

Jul 11, 2005
Eastbourne
The problem with the Elphick/Virgo combo is that they are far too similar players. Both are big cloggers with no quality on the ball and are not particularly quick and get turned far too easily. Slade is obviously of the opinion that they are our best available pairing, although I believe if Jimmy McNulty wasn't crocked for so long and that Jake Wright hadn't got himself injured we would be seeing Wright playing along side Virgo by now.

For all the slagging off of White and Booker we haven't got a clue what they do in training and I think it's far too easy to blame those two for the problems.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
really, neither Elphick or Virgo are bad. we've seen what they can do, we've raved about them in th epast, justly so because they are good players. not brilliant, but good.

so the coaching is the problem, they are literally turning our player to poo.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Virgo is f***ing awful, and has been for years.
Elphick has his moments, but at least he has his heart in it.
Virgo is a joke of a captain. Maybe he is the problem. Giving no motivation and no encouragement to his team, just swanning round as if he has some divine right to be in the team week in, week out.
Whoever wrote up that contract is a fool.
Elphick/Crofts/Forster for captain, Tunnicliffe in, Virgo and El-Abd out

Great, so because Tommy is motivating the players and playing with his heart this means he's a good player? erm no because then you'd have 6,250 others all claiming they could play for the Albion. All that motivating and communication business comes 2nd to whats more important, ability and if you haven't got that then shut your trap and piss off! Anyway, your right, Tommy's talking is really proving to have a great effect on the teams performances he is a real influence. Oh yeah, and if its true Tommy is really playing dependently on his heart then Doctor, we need heart surgeon.

spunkmonkey

Jul 11, 2005
Eastbourne
As I said blaming the coaches is too easy. Do we exclude the fact Bennett has got better and better or that Crofts is fast turning into our player of the season.

Still think Virgs/Elphick are too similar a pairing it's not that they are both shit but there weaknesses are very similar.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
This is a no brainer.
Both Virgo and Elphick are terrible.....clumsy, cumbersome, lumbering oafs. No skill, no anticipation, no ability...no nothing.
Two of the worst defenders I have ever seen in a BHA shirt.
They are a gift to the opposition...just sit back, lay off them and wait for the Christmas presents.
They are now just an embarrassment...and when you throw in Kuipers, Cox and Dickinson, you have a full house ( Fred Karno's Circus )...five players not fit to wear the shirt.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Great, so because Tommy is motivating the players and playing with his heart this means he's a good player? erm no because then you'd have 6,250 others all claiming they could play for the Albion. All that motivating and communication business comes 2nd to whats more important, ability and if you haven't got that then shut your trap and piss off! anyway, your right, Tommy's talking is really proving to have a great effect on the teams performances he is a real influence. Oh yeah, and if its true Tommy is really playing dependently on his heart then Doctor, we need heart surgeon.

Before i continue this debate, thought i'd mention that for an ncs-er you make some good points, and i congratulate you on that :thumbsup:

More to the point.

When you have a captain as uninspiring as Adam "I am God" Virgo, you'd find it hard to put in a decent performance right?
I don't see what the questioning of Tommys ability is all about. I'm not an STH, so maybe i don't see as much of his apparent shocking ability as other people do, but i have always seen him as a future captain, and a natural leader, a solid, old-fashioned centre back that gives it his all week in week out.
I'm not sure whether i just have rose-tinted glasses on because i like the thought of a true Brightonian leading this club, but Elphick is one of the few players i am happy to have at this club.

Maybe it's even time to start questioning Kuipers status as Number 1?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Before i continue this debate, thought i'd mention that for an ncs-er you make some good points, and i congratulate you on that :thumbsup:

Thanks but there's no need to congratulate me, I've known for some time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here