Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark - cut & paste message to use for other clubs' websites etc

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Sticky: Tom Hark - cut & paste message to use for other clubs' websites etc

Mods - please make this a sticky.
Here's a message to cut & paste on other clubs' message boards, football related sites, music sites, radio/TV/newspaper sites and anywhere else you think it might work. I've tried to sum up what we're doing as succinctly as possible. Given where we are in the charts right now it would be great if those of you who feel like helping post this around ASAP - and please leave a message here to say what you've done.

Thanks to everyone at NSC for all your help with all of this!
Attila

BRIGHTON FANS HEADING FOR THE TOP 40 IN SUPPORT OF OUR NEW STADIUM AT FALMER!

‘The whole thing’s daft
We don’t know why
We have to laugh
Or else we’ll cry
Our ground’s too small
The costs too high
Without Falmer
Our club will die’

‘Tom Hark (We Want Falmer)’ by Seagulls Ska is currently at number one in the
Amazon.co.uk Hot Pre-Release Chart, above Cliff and Elvis, and number one best selling single at hmv.co.uk! It’s a rewrite of the Piranhas’ classic football hit by a bunch of ska-loving Brighton fans, reclaiming the song for the Piranhas’ home town with new lyrics supporting Brighton & Hove Albion’s four year campaign for our new stadium at Falmer. All profits from the single will go to our cash-strapped club’s Alive & Kicking Fund.

As you may know (if you’re really unlucky you may have been there!) the Albion are currently stuck at Withdean, a totally unsuitable 7000 capacity athletics ‘stadium’ - though we have a massive fan base and took 31,000 to Cardiff for our Play Off Final win last year.
The single is released on January 3rd on the Falmer For All label, manufactured and distributed by our main sponsors Skint Records. We aim to try and hit the Top 40 in the following week to gain extra publicity for our stadium campaign, one month before the public enquiry restarts....
We are asking everyone to help us by publicising our efforts and by pre-ordering the single now from the Amazon link below.
Thanks very much!

Amazon Hot Pre-Release Chart - you can order the single from here...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...rt-singles/ref=ts_ch_2_11/202-3510088-8687066

For more information please contact John Baine/Attila the Stockbroker attila@solutionsinc.co.uk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I put it on the Palace BBC 606 board and got quite a polite response from one of their fans

re: [no title] Plastic_Eagle - 162nd post - 9 Dec 2004 14:36
Just a thought but this might not be the best board for this...

:lolol:

And those horrible Moderators keep deleting it from the Radio One message board, firstly because they didnt like the HMV dot co dot uk bit and secondly as they thought I might be "plugging" the single

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Can somebody get OTLW to come out of retirement and post on the Sunderland board?

What about Richie Morris and Wrexham?

Donny?
Bury?
Carlisle?
Chester?

Any others who post on here - Laughing Bluebird over to you for the Cardiff Boards.

All clubs that we've done collections for ourselves in recent years.

Has our Leeds friend Starry put something on the Leeds board?

Media - Can't we email Paul Hayward at the Telegraph? - What about Fat Boy Slim (or somebody from Skint) having a word with Jonathan Ross (he was on his programme recently), and get him to play it on JRs show.

Does Radio 1 have a Message board ?- can't we get on there and start making people aware.

THe EDM MPs - what about sending them one each - does somebody have the final list of the MPs that signed - could we put a list on here and we could work our way through the list - sending each a copy direct from HMV / Amazon - I presume that they could be sent to the House of Common address rather than to their Constituency addresses?

Lets Go for it - I'm crap at this message board bit but am sure others can get on these other boards and raise awareness.

The Public Inquiry starts again in Feb - Lets have a Top 10 hit in January!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Can somebody get OTLW to come out of retirement and post on the Sunderland board?

What about Richie Morris and Wrexham?

Donny?
Bury?
Carlisle?
Chester?

Any others who post on here - Laughing Bluebird over to you for the Cardiff Boards.

All clubs that we've done collections for ourselves in recent years.

Has our Leeds friend Starry put something on the Leeds board?

Media - Can't we email Paul Hayward at the Telegraph? - What about Fat Boy Slim (or somebody from Skint) having a word with Jonathan Ross (he was on his programme recently), and get him to play it on JRs show.

Does Radio 1 have a Message board ?- can't we get on there and start making people aware.

THe EDM MPs - what about sending them one each - does somebody have the final list of the MPs that signed - could we put a list on here and we could work our way through the list - sending each a copy direct from HMV / Amazon - I presume that they could be sent to the House of Common address rather than to their Constituency addresses?

Lets Go for it - I'm crap at this message board bit but am sure others can get on these other boards and raise awareness.

The Public Inquiry starts again in Feb - Lets have a Top 10 hit in January!!
We're on the case with Paul Hayward. Juice and Southern FM are being sought out already.

Skint have helped in more ways than you can believe - they have been BRILLIANT, and are continuing to do so. they are giving up their own page advertisement in the next THREE home match programmes to plug this single. And while Stoke and Gillingham may not come to much, I suspect Watford will bring down a fair amount on Jan 3.

There is somone at the city council that, if you write/email them, they are obliged to send that message to all councilors. Can't remember who it is though... :shootself

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Has anybody emailed Chris Moyles at Radio One?

Perhaps he is somebody that we could send LOADS of emails to - Does he have an advance Copy or whatever it's called?

I don't know whether he came down to Withdean for the Leeds game but even if he didn't then I sure he would have spoken to fans who did come, and would therefore know what we have to put up with every other week.

Leeds have had and are having their own troubles, so perhaps he might have some sympathy for our cause - and the records not bad anyway!

Anyone know his email address and I'll start the ball rolling (Just want to make sure he has a copy first before we start telling him to play it!)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Sorry - let us know when they've been delivered then we can start pushing him to play it.

What do you think of the idea of sending all the MPs who signed the EDM a copy?

Could a list be put up here and we could work our way through it?

hill 16 southwick

Jun 27, 2004
southwick
Atilla,

Send a promo copy to Rock City, Nottingham for the attention of Mike Bottomley. He DJ's there on Saturday nights.

We go back a long way and I've emailed him all the facts. He can throw it on between playing the Levs and NMA as he's partial to a bit of SKA.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Sorry - let us know when they've been delivered then we can start pushing him to play it.

What do you think of the idea of sending all the MPs who signed the EDM a copy?

Could a list be put up here and we could work our way through it?
They can buy it like the rest of us. They can even put it on their expenses if they have to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here