Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Brighton

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sorry if this is a "Fixtures" thread, but I just got back from Glasgow and the paper had a story saying that we were going to sign Tom Brighton at the end of the season after his contract with Clyde runs out. It was a quote atributed to McGhee.

Also, Celtic fans I spoke to all held Virgs in high regard and expect him to do well for them (but could do with losing a bit of weight)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It all fell through when the price soared.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Didn't we enquire about Tom Brighton, only to be quoted a six figure fee to secure his services, however his contract expires in the summer so we may be able to sign him for nowt.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Gully said:
Didn't we enquire about Tom Brighton, only to be quoted a six figure fee to secure his services, however his contract expires in the summer so we may be able to sign him for nowt.

Well it seems we had a 180 grand bid rejected during the transfer window.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Where on earth were we going to get £180k from?

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Quite. The bid was quoted at 6 figures and I've heard the 180 grand figure a couple of times.

yeah but that doesn't mean its true. someone mentioned we paid 150k rather than the more likely 100k for turi and everyonwe treated that like gospel. undisclosed means undisclosed, i reckon

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fair comments, but that is a pretty reasonable wad compared to some of the bargains we have picked up over recent years.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
NO it doesn't mean it's true at all but I was surprised that it was even 100 grand to be fair.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I thought that the application for Falmer and keeping us going at Withdean had left the coffers pretty much empty, didn't think we had a bean left.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
think the chances are we will be in 4 him in the summer when he's non contract thats prob what phil has read not what when on in the transfer window! if we get him will probably depend on what division and who else is in the running! but from what i heard from some1 very close to mm he had agreed personal terms to come it was the fee that was the stumbling block so we must stand a chance

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...so if we do sign him, all we will need is someone called "andhovealbion" to have a perfect striking partnership and a commentators nightmare!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Woody the Seagull said:
yeah but that doesn't mean its true. someone mentioned we paid 150k rather than the more likely 100k for turi and everyonwe treated that like gospel. undisclosed means undisclosed, i reckon

It was said by insider. He should know.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Superphil said:
Sorry if this is a "Fixtures" thread, but I just got back from Glasgow and the paper had a story saying that we were going to sign Tom Brighton at the end of the season after his contract with Clyde runs out. It was a quote atributed to McGhee.

End of the season? Just won't do :nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gully said:
I thought that the application for Falmer and keeping us going at Withdean had left the coffers pretty much empty, didn't think we had a bean left.

The Dan Harding money came in this week or should have done.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
The Dan Harding money came in this week or should have done.

That will cover the Gold Fish rental then, oh hang on the money came from Leeds :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here