Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toddler Attack boys Compensation win..............Why ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
SORRY ANOTHER CUT & PASTE.

Why oh Why................. or is it just me ?
That these pathetic claims always "seem" to be instigated by fecking scousers.
There must be a reason why it seems its always a scouse mother caked in way too much make up that appears on tv wanting sue a friend or council. :shrug:

Toddler-attack boy wins pay-out

Jay Jones was treated in hospital for a gash to his head
A mother has won the right to compensation for her son, two years after he was hit 11 times by another three-year-old boy with a car jack.

Jay Jones, of the Wirral, Merseyside, needed stitches after he was attacked while the boys were alone in a car.

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority twice refused to pay out as it disputed whether a three-year-old could be guilty of a crime of violence.

But the Tribunals Service has ruled in favour of Jay's mother, Renai Williams.

A judge ruled the CICA must award the full amount entitled to the child.

'Long process'

Jay suffered a gash to his head and was taken to Arrowe Park Hospital after the attack in December 2007.

Nearly two years on, Ms Williams was finally told that her son was eligible for compensation for his injuries.

She said: "This has been a long and hard-fought process. We have been knocked back twice by the CICA because, in my opinion, they didn't take my son's case seriously.

Jay was screaming out in pain and covered in blood

Renai Williams, Jay Jones' mother
"My son was hit 11 times on his head and face with a car jack, his attacker kept on lashing out even though Jay was screaming out in pain and covered in blood."

Ms Williams added that she feared her son would die and that she was "too scared to even look at him because his injuries were so bad".

Jay's assailant cannot be named for legal reasons. He cannot be prosecuted for the offence because of his age and he is currently in the care of social services.

The age of criminal responsibility in England, Wales and Northern Ireland is 10.

Psychological tests

Michelle Armstrong, of Kirwans Solicitors, which represented the family, said: "The CICA rejected the case twice, questioning whether the actions of a three-year-old perpetrator could constitute a 'crime of violence'.

"We argued that the age of the perpetrator was irrelevant when claiming compensation from the CICA. And it was on this point that we won."

Jay will now have psychological tests to see how the incident affected him, before the level of compensation is decided.

A spokesman for the CICA said it did not comment on individual cases, but said it made "payments to victims of violent crime as a gesture of public sympathy."

He added: "To ensure that the application of the scheme is as robust as possible there are safeguards built in.

"All cases are decided on their own merits and, if an applicant does not think their case was assessed fairly, they may apply to have it reviewed, which can then go to tribunal if there is a further dispute."

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Who's supposed to pay ? It does seem that the Scouse whiner ethic is alive and well.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Who's supposed to pay ? It does seem that the Scouse whiner ethic is alive and well.

It the same as the kid (RIP) who died in a supermarket.
Which was another dubious claim

What happened to the Old system we used to have

1/I shot a friend point blank with an air rifle (feather tip darts) in the arm

2/Friend runs home screams

3/Friends dad arrives at our house

4/Friends dad leaves our house

5/Dad goes to kitchen sink until nose bleed subsides

6/Dad storms upstairs

7/I cannot sit down for at least a week

8/ lesson learnt :p

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It the same as the kid (RIP) who died in a supermarket.

What happened to the Old system we used to have

1/I shot a friend point blank with an air rifle (feather tip darts) in the arm

2/Friend runs home screams

3/Friends dad arrives at our house

4/Friends dad leaves our house

5/Dad goes to kitchen sink until nose blees subsides

6/Dad storms upstairs

7/I cannot sit down for at least a week

8/ lesson learnt :p

Are you suggesting we infringe on the killer's civil rights ?

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
America happened people.....this country is slowly turning into the US
We are breeding a nation of overweight, lazy, compensation-getting slobs who are too bone idle to get off their lardy backside and earn real money by getting a job. It's much easier to ' have an accident ' and then sue for disproportionate amounts of cash.The compensation culture means easy money.
This is my opinion (speaking as someone who thinks Tony Martin should've shot that kid twice.)

Total joke , no doubt as tax payers we are paying obviously , mind you the worrying thing is that the kids were left together and a 3 year old wielded a car jack .... now i know that they may be the lightest thing in the world but :facepalm: ... why was it not in the boot ?

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I beleive the parents won't get hold of the money it will be put in trust till he is 18. Guess he may deserve it as he hardly asked to be battered with an iron bar and may be a bit freaked out by the events!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
At least with the compo his mum wont need to go out shoplifting for a while :ohmy:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Money for Nothing?

Not a reference to Dire Straights.

Not only do Scouser's/people in the northwest want to sue for any reason at all, they also have nearly one in three people of working age claiming benefits! Check out the proportion of northwest locations in the top 50. And I am not making a political point, just thinking about independance for those living south of Watford!

Read below and discuss?

EXPOSED: How Labour depends on the votes of Welfare Britain | Mail Online

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Where was the mother when this was going on?

As for the number of strokes, I would presume this was what was suggested by the medical profession. A blow by a car jack would leave a mark!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The whole point of toddlers is to be cartoonishly violent and amoral. Its an important part of growing up, learning boundaries. Toddlers have none. If they could pick up guns we would have an Operation Trident team just for 3 year olds. Operation Tommy Tippy or something.

The kids mum might have got some money but I worry for the kiddy on the receiving end rather than the perpetrator, long term. How f***ed are your parents.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
its another f***ing pathetic case of how this country is turning to shite, it really GRINDS MY GEARS!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
As said before, who counted the 11 strikes and did nothing to stop it?

The kid was obviosly hurt and it would have caused distress but they are talking comp in excess of £20k. Is that loss of earnings, was the kid a child star or something?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I don't see anything wrong with this and find most of the responses above to be a little unfortunate.

Victims of criminal assaults have always been entitled to compensation, distasteful though sometimes it may be. All that's happened here is a decision to grant that compensation despite the attacker being below the age of responsibility.

As for asking how they know the little kid was hit eleven times . . . :US:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here