Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays Metro - Lewis Dunk - Chelsea - £5m - blah blah (merged)

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Well, the top sides will always cherry pick the smaller sides. It would be completely irresponsible if they didn't scout him, surely!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"Arsenal and Fulham had scouts watching Dunk in last week's Carling Cup defeat to Liverpool." Well they're certainly top-notch scouts if they can tell how good a player someone is simply by the way he sits in the stand watching. Given that howler I wonder how accurate the rest of the story is?

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
just read it, Gus has been talking him up and quite rightly so based on the reports I've read and the 2 games that were live on Fox last week, would love to see him stay though.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
A mate of mine does a bit of youth scouting for Arsenal and was asked to arrange a meeting with Dunk and his family last week.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
The new chief scout at Chelsea in charge of kids from 15-18 knows Dunk from his previous clubs and from when one of Dunks family members was a manager at a County One side when a fellow Dunk played. That may be the reason why they are now linked.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Not sure who Dunks official agent is, however Poyet has given Dunk more credible coverage and praise than most, after only a handful of games.

I cannot help thinking that Poyet/Bloom could keep him here for now, but hope he doesnt use Dunk as part of a package for both to move on together !!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Maybe we can get £5million and they can loan him straight back to us.

If he went to Chelsea, he'd never play for 2 or 3 years.

If he is worth £5million, Sol Bamba must be worth at least £15million

If that Oxlaide-Chamberlain (sp) is worth £15million, Dunk is worth at least 5... Then again Benno would have been worth £10million on that basis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here