Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays Match and Your Fans

GhanaDale

Apr 2, 2011
Hello! Dale fan here in peace :)

Firstly I thought today was one of the best football matches I've seen, and a fantastic advertisment for League 1 football, even though a man with a whistle thought he would try and ruin things for both teams!.

If you lot don't go up this season I will be shocked, you're practically there now and if you play like you did today (the passing and movement was fantastic) you'll easily be in the Championship.

I, as many Dale fans are shocked at how well we've done this season, and even though this isn't very modest I feel we matched you yard for yard, kick for kick today and the scoreline was very fair.

Your penalty was dubious, but from about 60 yards away my first instinct was that it was a penalty and if it had been for us I'd have been screaming for a penalty.

Rose tinted specs maybe but I think our penalty was stone wall as your defender who had been all over O'Grady all afternoon went through the back of him.

We should have had a 2nd penalty as your defender clearly handballed it towards the end, but that's life and there's nothing we can do about it!

And your fans are a credit to your club! Very friendly and vocal, shame you sang 'we're gonna score in a minute' and a minute later we scored! :p But you lot cheered the local lads who were playing football at half time and seemed very gracious in the draw, cheers guys :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Poyet even said about the handball on the radio after. Fair play mate - wasn't there today but sounded a great game. Would LOVE Dale to get in the play offs and then go on to win them for sure. You never know...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I went to Rochdale once. It was closed.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
"Your penalty was dubious, but from about 60 yards away my first instinct was that it was a penalty"

Bit of a contradiction there.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Mmmmmm...

A game at the Goldstone in May '72 springs to mind

BHA needed a draw for auto promotion to Div. 2, and Dale needed a draw to stay in Div. 3

Finished 1-1

:smile:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hello! Dale fan here in peace :)

Firstly I thought today was one of the best football matches I've seen, and a fantastic advertisment for League 1 football, even though a man with a whistle thought he would try and ruin things for both teams!.

If you lot don't go up this season I will be shocked, you're practically there now and if you play like you did today (the passing and movement was fantastic) you'll easily be in the Championship.

I, as many Dale fans are shocked at how well we've done this season, and even though this isn't very modest I feel we matched you yard for yard, kick for kick today and the scoreline was very fair.

Your penalty was dubious, but from about 60 yards away my first instinct was that it was a penalty and if it had been for us I'd have been screaming for a penalty.

Rose tinted specs maybe but I think our penalty was stone wall as your defender who had been all over O'Grady all afternoon went through the back of him.

We should have had a 2nd penalty as your defender clearly handballed it towards the end, but that's life and there's nothing we can do about it!

And your fans are a credit to your club! Very friendly and vocal, shame you sang 'we're gonna score in a minute' and a minute later we scored! :p But you lot cheered the local lads who were playing football at half time and seemed very gracious in the draw, cheers guys :)

Did you get your free tickets?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Thanks Ghanadale. I hate us playing your boys as we always seem to come a cropper against you, so 2 points against you this year is a miracle for us!

Would love to see you do well over the next couple of years as you guys so deserve a bit of luck for once!

Congratulations to Rochdale, btw. They've joined a very exclusive club of teams that the Albion have played twice this season ... and failed to beat.

There's only one other team in the division that can say this.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Congratulations to Rochdale, btw. They've joined a very exclusive club of teams that the Albion have played twice this season ... and failed to beat.

There's only one other team in the division that can say this.

Bournemouth :rant:
However I thoroughly enjoyed this game despite the result. I've been to Brentford and Dagenham recently and although we came away with wins I felt we weren't playing to our best ability. Today however filled me with confidence that even on a half decent surface we are now back to playing our brand of football and I'm sure we'll be fine. I can't see the teams chasing us winning enough games to put us under any real pressure. Overall I think the draw was a fair result but we should have been out of sight before your first goal, our pen was soft but the defender did have a grip of Murray's shirt and he is the master of winning pens, (just a shame we don't stick them away more often). Lastly I think you were hard done by with Elphick's handball at the end and I'm sure if it was against us there would have been a lot of uproar on here. Have to admit O'Grady was very good up font for you today as well. :)

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
cosy little club; local car about 50 yards from ground proudly displaying Oldham scarf and bar staff in Burnley shirts wtf; and all locals were closet mancs who went mad when rooney scored.
said before the game that i would be happy with a point and probably a point was a fair result when you even everything up. Decided to go at last minute to avoid the official match report update tension but it was still tense in last 15 minutes although if they had scored, pretty sure we could have snatched an equaliser!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A fair result for both teams. The referee had a clear view of the ball making contact with Elf's hand but waved it away. Rochdale still have a chance of making the playoffs if they win their games against Scumhampton , Peterborough and Bournemouth.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
And gracious of you not to mention the other penalty when Elph was hugging your striker. So close to Oldham yet another world. Everyone at the club from supporters to stewards to ticket office were charming.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Will always have a soft spot for Rochdale, there fans were different class after we played up there midweek 96/97. We lost 3-0 and decided to block the team coach in as bellotti was travelling with them. A fair few Rochdale fans helped us and I think the coach didn't leave until almost midnight great solidarity. Good luck for the rest of the season.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Just back from Rochdale. It was an excellent game and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought we battered them in the first half but in the second they were the better side, although we still looked dangerous and our goal was one of the best I have seen this season - what a move!

It was a good atmosphere and there was a fair bit of banter which was all good natured. The kids' match at half time was a good laugh and they were all having a ball geeing up the crowd - yeeeeeelllllooows, yeeeeeeellllloooows, yeeeeeelllllloows!!! To be fair I though the red and blacks were the better side!

The Elphick hand ball at the end was BLATANT and the ref (who was shocking) was standing about two yards away.

Fair play to Rochdale who gave it a real go and that made for an open and entertaining game, and it could have been any score - when we went one-nil down I honestly couldn't believe we weren't at least two-nil up.

It was a glorious day and all the Dale fans we met were very friendly - all in all a good away day!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
And gracious of you not to mention the other penalty when Elph was hugging your striker. So close to Oldham yet another world. Everyone at the club from supporters to stewards to ticket office were charming.

Absolutely - we must have been, what, ten miles tops from Oldham but it was like another planet. Everyone made made us very welcome and about three people must have wished us a safe trip home when they walked past us in the street after the game!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I enjoyed it, a very decent game of football. Was shocked no penalty was given for the Elphick handball, it's not like the ref wasn't close enough. Thought O'Grady was a handful up front without, without quite looking like scoring himself. Two teams playing positive passing football too, and probably a fair result even if we should probably have killed it on first half chances.

And Keith Hill came across as very fair in the interview on the FL Show, considering some managers would have been whinging on about the officials.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here