Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's lunchtime sandwich

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Smoked Salmon with a black pepper crust, lettuce from the garden and some Olive Oil

Fruit salad from the garden ( strawberries, Raspberries, rhubarb and some horrible blackcurrants)

we have three box loads of blackcurrants. What the hell do you do with the things as they are very bitter tasting! Do they make jam?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Home-made wholemeal bread, cheddar cheese, and home-made chutney (Delia).

Good choice with the beetroot. I ate enough the other evening to cause momentary concern the next morning.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im afraid I had a baked potato so cant contribute to this thread.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Grated mature Cheddar and slices of freshly cooked beetroot on white bread for me. Pink-fingered-tastic.

Nearly snap. I had Red Leicester and it was on wholemeal but I went the pink-fingered route too.

Is there a better sandwich than cheese and beetroot?

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Avocado and Olives with roasted tomatoes, pepper and rocket on wholemeal. It's the Veggie Special at Pret, and I am chewing my last mouthful as I type.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Cold roast chicken, avacado, mayo and herds of black pepper on tiger bread.
Mmm..tigerlicious.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Left over pork loin from the barbecue, grated pickled peetroot, grated carrot and capers on black bread with salted butter.

Home made

mmmmmmmmmmm.............

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
For my first lunch (11am) and I had two small and unsatisfying tuna mayo baguettes,
For my second lunch I had a rather nasty smoked mackeral quiche with overcooked vegetables.

Not a good food day so far (apart from the bowl of sStart I had for breakfast), just as well there's a bbq later.

I need a poo.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
cheese and beetroot is a top sandwich.

caramelised onion homous and pitta here.

dave - yep, you can do jam with blackcurrants. we ended up with about 15 pounds of them last weekend. mrs starry made some sorbet with them which was good. and we also made curd, from this http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/515189 recipe which is nice. the blackcurrants were nasty 'raw' but OK once we reciped them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cor, you lot have WELL poncy sarnies.
I had corned beef and tomato in one, and Dairylea in the other. Followed by a nectarine and a bag of Roast Beef Monster Munch.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Due to a cheese/ham shortage in the Sheen household, there only being smooth peanut butter and no jam, I was forced to use turkey and stuffing style quorn slices in my sandwiches. Covered in wholegrain mustard to disguise the taste. I then forgot to bring them to work, so today's sandwich is still sat in my fridge at home :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here