Votes: 67 74.4%
  • 'Nick Nick' fencesitter

Votes: 8 8.9%

• Total voters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I remember watching an episode of Qi recently, and Steven Fry asked 'what is the commonest material on Earth?', to which Clive Anderson replied 'Jim Davidson's'.

So, is Jim 'Nick, Nick' Davidson a comedy genius for our time, or a racist, xenophobic bigot in need of a course in cultural harmony?

Over to you NSC...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Can't stand the guy. Shit old jokes and has the nerve to think he can sing as well.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bit of a bigot and as right wing as Looney but not as big a scumbag as Bernard Manning. Funnier than Chubby Brown but that doesn't say a lot does it ?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Watched one of his videos once....an hour of swearing and that was it...nothing funny at all.

If i wanted to listen to an hour of swearing, i'd go and sit with the blokes at work.

The bloke's an arse

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He is a rascist and not even funny imho.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Jim Davidson started The British Forces Foundation in April 1999 to provide morale-boosting entertainment to troops while on operations. Believing passionately in the sacrifices our servicemen and women make for us, he decided to set up a charity dedicated solely to cheering them up in times of need!

With the support of HRH The Prince of Wales, the charity's Patron; Baroness Thatcher, the President and an array of high profile Trustees from the Armed Forces, diplomatic corps and world of entertainment, the charity has already put on some spectacular shows.

In three consecutive years there have been fantastic television shows broadcast on BBC of The British Forces Foundation at work in the Falklands, Iraq and on board HMS Invincible. Celebrities appearing alongside Jim and giving top performances to the men and women of our Armed Services include Emma Bunton, Martine McCutcheon, Sir John Mills, Sir Steven Redgrave and Matthew Pincent, Atomic Kitten and S Club.

And there have been numerous other shows around the world – Kosovo, Gibraltar, Germany, Kuwait and Norway among them – with the likes of Status Quo, Mylene Klass and Kenny Jones of The Whoby HRH The Prince of Wales - Patron, The British Forces Foundation
“The work of our Service personnel on operations is well known. We must not forget however the work, much of it unsung, that goes on in the background to support their efforts and that contributes to their success. The British Forces Foundation plays a key role continuing the tradition of bringing entertainment to servicemen and women wherever they may be. I ask you to support this work and help the British Forces Foundation entertain our Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen deployed around the world.”.

SeagullJay

Feb 6, 2006
Dubai
well you are all quite safe from him as he has moved out here to the good old UA of E (United Arab Emirates that is!!)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
SeagullJay said:
well you are all quite safe from him as he has moved out here to the good old UA of E (United Arab Emirates that is!!)

He still has a house in Capel (not far from Dorking) and the locals that I know all think he's a twat.

As do I-he's like Cilla Black, both lying Tory bastards. Both of them said that if Labour were elected they'd sell up and move abroad. Took Davidson years and Cilla is still inflicting herself on us.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I always thought - and still do, to be honest - that Jim Davidson will be remembered for being a racist right-wing dinosaur.

But I was interested to read Fighter Command's post. At a do a while back I was talking to someone who produced a lot of his Forces shows, and couldn't speak highly enough of the bloke and the way he threw himself into trying to cheer up our troops overseas.

It may not be the cause closest to everyone's heart, but it's not a bad one and at least offers a saving grace of sorts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here