Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's argus

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Premier midfielder being targeted in loan window, rest of season loan. Striker also a possibility to back up the loss of Hoskins. Gus says from Premiership or he is not interested.

Also fears Cardiff will be back for Noone at seasons end (thinks it will be the same situation we had with Bennett/Norwich.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Premier midfielder being targeted in loan window, rest of season loan. Striker also a possibility to back up the loss of Hoskins. Gus says from Premiership or he is not interested.

Also fears Cardiff will be back for Noone at seasons end (thinks it will be the same situation we had with Bennett/Norwich.

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

Interesting. Sounds like he is going for it this season !!

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm not complaining, but I thought the plan was to do this next season. As much as it would be out of this world to get to the premiership, I don't want us to come unstuck at the first hurdle. Trust in Gus and Tony. I presume everything must be going ahead 100% with the seating otherwise this exercise would be pointless.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm not complaining, but I thought the plan was to do this next season. As much as it would be out of this world to get to the premiership, I don't want us to come unstuck at the first hurdle. Trust in Gus and Tony. I presume everything must be going ahead 100% with the seating otherwise this exercise would be pointless.

I'm sure the club want into get into the Premiership at the first opportunity, be it this season or next or the next! I think it's all about getting to the cash. When you look at our performances against the Premiership teams we have played (including Tottenham) we have not been disgraced in my eyes with mainly League One players adjusting to the higher standards of the Championship. A few decent aquisitions and we should get a holding position at least if we were lucky to go up. It's going to be a wild ride if nothing else. :D

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm sure the club want into get into the Premiership at the first opportunity, be it this season or next or the next! I think it's all about getting to the cash. When you look at our performances against the Premiership teams we have played (including Tottenham) we have not been disgraced in my eyes with mainly League One players adjusting to the higher standards of the Championship. A few decent aquisitions and we should get a holding position at least if we were lucky to go up. It's going to be a wild ride if nothing else. :D

Whatever happens its brilliant. Your right the cash from one season in the premiership, extra crowds, tv revenue would be millions.

This article was from 2008, its probably a lot more now
Premier League Promotion Worth £60m to Football Clubs | Business | Sky News

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I can only see Nooney going if Cardiff get promoted.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Wrong...'Straight Up' was Tonys summary

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Hardly the same Cardiff are shit not realy a step up, as thet are not getting promoted any time soon

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
problem is its so difficult to say we'll do it next year or year after, you don't know who'll be in the division for a start. If you have the resources and are within touching distance, you'd be daft not to have a go at making it this year.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
More than anything it's important to hav a good finish to carry momentum into next season ...personally I still think we short of quality/cover in the middle...no disrespect to the others but take Bridcutt/Reyes out ...and we would suffer

Imho

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I think a strong push for the play offs this season (whether me make it or not) will help in recruiting the players needed for a serious promotion push next season.
If we finish lower mid table, we won't be such an attractive option as a team who just missed out on promotion.

problem is its so difficult to say we'll do it next year or year after, you don't know who'll be in the division for a start. If you have the resources and are within touching distance, you'd be daft not to have a go at making it this year.

Have to say I agree, let's go for the big prizes at every opportunity.
Players get older, they get injuries, they get tempted away. If we are a hot-shot Championship side but don't quite leap the big hurdle, we will still get cherry-picked by promoted sides or current Prem clubs - and players will always leave for the bigger money and fame.

If we had a Ward or Lawrenson now, they wouldn't stay more than a single season at Brighton and Hove Albion in a lower division. In their types of case - we would also be getting offers from Spanish and Italian clubs nowadays.

Last edited:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Have to say I agree, let's go for the big prizes at every opportunity.
Players get older, they get injuries, they get tempted away. If we are a hot-shot Championship side but don't quite leap the big hurdle, we will still get cherry-picked by promoted sides or current Prem clubs - and players will always leave for the bigger money and fame.

If we had a Ward or Lawrenson now, they wouldn't stay more than a single season at Brighton and Hove Albion in a lower division. In their types of case - we would also be getting offers from Spanish and Italian clubs nowadays.

Also factor in the parachute payments if we were to come back down. We could then afford to get more players to take us back up again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Promotion would make filling the extra 8,000 seats, subject to gaining permission, a formality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here