Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today is 100 days until completion/handover date of the Amex

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Is this still the intended completion date? I guess there'll still be much work going on after this date up until events start taking place there. No sign of the seating contractors - that seems to have been put on hold for a while.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I spoke to a guy who works for the professional risks dept in AVIVA the other day and the chat got round to the stadium. They reckon it is all running on time, they are virtually in contact daily.

Why? Because they have alot riding on the performance bonds if it isnt completed on time...dont know the financial details but there are hefty penalty payments to be made if it isnt. Not quite the new Wembley size but substantial nonetheless.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I'm sure It's alway been end of May completion but some works in the East Stand will continue into June (assume this is for the 1901 bit on the East)?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Natterjack, when I last asked him, said that they 'were behind on some things and ahead on others. We've got a lot to do, but we're pretty confident of finishing on time. We've got to...'

Once the keys are handed over, that's when the furnishings go in, apparently.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The most important items will be the testing and commissioning of the life safety systems, without the satisfactory completion of these items the Local Authority will not issue the necessary paperwork. This is what caught out Wembley Stadium. No doubt that with Martin Perry’s construction background there will be more than sufficient time built into the programme for this. The LDs would be considerable on this type of project but the club and Contractor are obviously working to make sure that it opens on schedule.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
The most important items will be the testing and commissioning of the life safety systems, without the satisfactory completion of these items the Local Authority will not issue the necessary paperwork. This is what caught out Wembley Stadium. No doubt that with Martin Perry’s construction background there will be more than sufficient time built into the programme for this. The LDs would be considerable on this type of project but the club and Contractor are obviously working to make sure that it opens on schedule.

Shall we ask Lewes District Council to do the paperwork, as they were so much in favour of this magnificent development?

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
At our presentation they said they were behind by one day.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
31st May is when we get the keys they said at our presentation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here