Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toads Hole

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Was just chatting with a guy in office and he asked about Toads Hole site ... Wanted to know why it was rejected ,what grounds ? i couldnt answer can anyone help

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
the council are keeping it for future housing developement . . . .its the only site left in Brighton and hove to earn them a load of money . . . . . . .a statement mirrored by a freind whos a planner for Sussex, as well as a bloody obvious assumption !

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
On a completely unrelated matter, my housemate is cooking toad in the hole for din dins tonight.

Yippeeee!

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
On a completely unrelated matter, my housemate is cooking toad in the hole for din dins tonight.

Yippeeee!

Frog in the bog chappers .... a top meal :lolol:

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
zefarelly said:
the council are keeping it for future housing developement . . . .its the only site left in Brighton and hove to earn them a load of money . . . . . . .a statement mirrored by a freind whos a planner for Sussex, as well as a bloody obvious assumption !

So scrambling and trashing cars is no good for the site then !!???

When Bellotti put in his so-called planning application (which was no more than a few drawings), Toads Hole Valley was rejected because of inadequate transport access, not just for the football club but also the other development that was planned for the site.

The knife was stuck in by all three relevant authorities at the time - the Highways Agency/Department of Transport, East Sussex County Council and Hove Borough Council.

As it happens, the application just died on its feet, because Bellotti never bothered to provide the required Environmental Impact Assessment or Transport Assessment.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Iteresting LB so if falmer failed heaven forbid , could this be plan B..

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
LB . . . .that was then . . . . .access wouldnt be a problem with little more than an hours thought. . .its no more than 10 feet from the A27 ! apparently the old Hove council are the most guilty for the clubs homelessness, they should never have agreed to the sale without agreeing a new site . . .but Bellotti was hardly going to stop them from doing so, strangely it crossed my mind he may have even 'persuaded' them to do so. none the less the council are guilty as sin, and the new B&H council also dont want Falmer . . . .but thats just my opinion.

Its more suited to scrambling and trashing cars than being an area of Outstanding natural weeds !

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
put Yeovil's old pitch to shame

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think given modern digging techniques the hills the least of the worries . . . .If Ajax can have a carpark under their pitch we can build on a hill and have one under ours . . . . .slip road off the A27 specifically for it . . . . .anyway it aint gonna happen

theres nothing silly about it large one, unfortunately thats my belief and opinion, I dont like it any more than you do, as the sites a good one, not as good as waterhall . . .but thats another story. its what I think and have been told by numerous people who know better or are better positioned to know than most on NSC unfortunately. I dont normally pipe up about it because it seems to go against the flow, but I'm by no means alone in my thoughts. sorry!

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
The Countryside Agency were talking about putting this site in the National Park!

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Even with a dual carriageway stuck in the middle of it ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Where's the nearest railway station? Bleedin' miles away.

And, Zefarrely, Brighton & Hove City Council is totally behind the Falmer project, otherwise, they would have told the Albion not to even think about it before then. It has backed them every bt of the way.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Toad's Hole is not in the Local Plan for a stadium of any kind. That means a further Public Inquiry would be needed.

Toad's Hole is not scheduled for the National Park. I am slightly anxious that this would be put forward as Plan B. I would like the idea to be scotched. It would never get through under the current Government because it would never comply with the transport policies.

Even if Falmer comes a cropper, I think any prospect of Toad's Hole would NOT be a possibility worth considering.

Although not ideal, Falmer is the only realistic political and practical and planning location.

Should the worse happen, and new site would have to be looked for that is zoned in the Local Plan for Recreation, Tourism and Leisure.

If anybody had any secret plans to make Toad's Hole into a feasible alternative location, they would have done this. In the First Deposit draft of the Brighton & Hove plan the area is marked in light green which denotes countryside. However, there are areas in dark green which by colour implication should denote untouchable countryside like Waterhall.

I do not know what the Public Inquiry into the Local Plan said about Toad's Hole, but I would not rule this out being developed for housing or industrial use.

Because it is so far from a railway station is not suitable for a stadium and there lots of other reasons as well.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here