Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To The Travelling Fans Last Night...

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
:albion2::rock::ascarf::thumbsup::rave::bowdown::wave::clap2::O:banana::cool::cheery::bounce::salute:

Heard you guys several times on the radio last night. All that way on a Wednesday after Liverpool on Sunday.

Brilliant.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I wish i could do all of the away games. How do those that do:

a) Afford it.
b) Get time off work.
c) Get permission from her indoors!?

I wish i could do all of the away games. How do those that do:

a) Afford it.
b) Get time off work.
c) Get permission from her indoors!?

I didn't go yesterday, but my suggested answers are:-

A) Are self employed
B) Are self employed
C) If you ain't got the balls to tell your Mrs. what is what, you will never become self employed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What was the away attendance ? I thought the Hull support sounded very poor on the radio for a 17000 plus crowd.

The actual attendance was 14k-ish. It seems Hull 'do a Palace' and also include the no-shows in what they announce.

Billy_Britain_HCAFC

Jan 10, 2012
The actual attendance was 14k-ish. It seems Hull 'do a Palace' and also include the no-shows in what they announce.

Eh..?

Admittedly last night was low key, the atmosphere was always gonna be a bit subdued, an empty away end doesn't help, but I cant recall a sub 15,000 league attendance at the KC.. We averaged 18,000+ back in League 2

Gates haven't been spectacular this season, but a meagre 14,000 is a bit off the mark

Yeh..?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Eh..?

Admittedly last night was low key, the atmosphere was always gonna be a bit subdued, an empty away end doesn't help, but I cant recall a sub 15,000 league attendance at the KC.. We averaged 18,000+ back in League 2

Gates haven't been spectacular this season, but a meagre 14,000 is a bit off the mark

Yeh..?

Sounds like you may have 'sold' more seats through pre-paid season tickets etc but the actual people through the gate was much lower.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Eh..?

Yeh..?

Was given as a 14k figure by the Sussex Police guy who travels to all the away games to work with the local police. He then went on to say that the announced 17k figure was on tickets sold, and his was through the turnstyle

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

All clubs do that don't they? I'm fairly sure the Albion do. The only difference is, we have so many season ticket holders as a percentage of the ground capacity, it's not so noticeable

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
All clubs do that don't they? I'm fairly sure the Albion do. The only difference is, we have so many season ticket holders as a percentage of the ground capacity, it's not so noticeable

No, ours is actually on who has come through the gate. We would have had many more 21-22k attendances if that was the case

Jan 30, 2008
Was given as a 14k figure by the Sussex Police guy who travels to all the away games to work with the local police. He then went on to say that the announced 17k figure was on tickets sold, and his was through the turnstyle

why would he(FIO) travel to HULL on a Wednesday night :shrug:

Billy_Britain_HCAFC

Jan 10, 2012
Why would Sussex dibble waste resources & travel to Hull for a mid week game..?

Our ageing comatose firm retired years ago, a simple phone call would've done the trick

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In answer to the OP its simply a matter of planning in advance thats all. I got the time off work simple as that. Appreciate not everyone can. Im sure das will have a witty one liner with smiley in response ???

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The difference is we've never been a premier league clube where it is a requirement to state tickets sold rather than through the gate. I assume any team that goes up and then comes down just keeps the premier league procedure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here