Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To my Dad who passed away 4 years ago

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Dear Dad

1945 - 2007

When we moved here from Glasgow you took me to my first Brighton game, it was the opening day of the season and we won 2-0 against Wolves. From that day and till now having moved here in 1980 (31 years on) I salute you !! You put me through much pain during those years by following "our" club but every inch of pain was worth it (especially Gillingham)

He marched for the cause but sadly passed away 4 years ago at the young age of 62. On a personal level, "Dad we all love you and I for one know you will be in that seat beside me at The Amex and hopefully you will be smoking that big Havana tonight"

Well Done today boys and can I round off with "We Are The Champions"

Emotional day for me guys......sorry !!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
No worries mate

My old boy popped off nearly a year ago and missed probably the best football played by BHA for many a year

Took me up The Goldstone probably forty years ago, and I'm still lumbered, sorry, loving it now :smile:

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
8 years ago today my father passed away , lest we forget those that will never see falmer !

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Dear Dad

1945 - 2007

When we moved here from Glasgow you took me to my first Brighton game, it was the opening day of the season and we won 2-0 against Wolves. From that day and till now having moved here in 1980 (31 years on) I salute you !! You put me through much pain during those years by following "our" club but every inch of pain was worth it (especially Gillingham)

He marched for the cause but sadly passed away 4 years ago at the young age of 62. On a personal level, "Dad we all love you and I for one know you will be in that seat beside me at The Amex and hopefully you will be smoking that big Havana tonight"

Well Done today boys and can I round off with "We Are The Champions"

Emotional day for me guys......sorry !!

your dad would have been proud .emotional day for all of us

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think every lost loved one connected to the Albion would have very very proud today. As Jimbo says I am sure they will be at our sides at The Amex.

waleseagull

Feb 26, 2009
Cwmbran, Wales
Same as you Jimbo, dad passed away 4 years ago went to his first Albion game in 1924, grandad was there the day Albion were crowned champions of England in 1910. My thoughts went to them at the final whistle today, i know they will both be cheering from above and be so proud of Gus Poyets Champions. Was there with Alan Mullerys blue and white army at Newcastle, dad in tears - a dream come true. I have to say i think this is even better, we have the amex for next season and a manager and chairman who will take us to the Premiership no doubt.

To all those Albion supporters no longer with us be proud we have something very special in Gus Poyet and his CHAMPIONS

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Nice one Jimbo, i wish my dad had been around to see these great times as well as my Father Barry James passed away 2 years ago now so was facing uncertainty at that time and dad took me to my 1st ever game at the Goldstone when i was at school and been a Albion fan ever since, going to Gillingham, Withdean and soon to be Falmer.
I got one of them Stones done as well with mine, dads and my brothers names on, so dad has a place at Amex.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I went to both 83 cup finals with my Mum, she loved the Albion. Sadly she died 22 years ago now, but she would love what's going on now. The best football we've ever played, the best quality stadium in England, streets ahead of the pack, crowned as Champions, and on top of all that, Gus in his post match interview said he didnt realise how happy his team could make the fans, helping them forget about financial problems, family problems, health problems - what a guy, the best young manager probably in Europe, who knows.

My Mum would love it, hope she's watching on Sky Heaven.

wedgee

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Great thread, my old man departed four years ago too - Albion fan all his 80 odd years. Took me to my first Albion game in the mid 70s and I'll certainly shed a tear at that first game of next season. Whenever we chatted the first part would always be about how well/badly the Albion were doing.

corrallt

Feb 14, 2004
Kent
Dad passed away before the last game at the Goldstone. Went with him for many years to the Goldstone. My youngest son went when he was six to the last season at Goldstone, now he is 24, went with me today. Brilliant.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
just gonna share the love! my grandpa was a big fan and passed away 2 years ago!

would have loved to been here to see it, died of cancer at 74 but thats life.. as f***ed up as it can be

<3

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here