Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To burn a Turkey flag

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
A good friend of mine recently sent an email informing me how he was about to buy a Turkey flag so he can burn it outside the pub on October 11th. Does this make him a hooligan? It is a rather a dubious action, but so long as he's not throwing bricks through kebab shop windows and picking fights with Turks, that's OK.

Isn't it?

Or is he just inciting race hatred?

You decide, becuase I'll just crumble to peer and beer pressure and cheer as it goes up in flames.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
thats pretty bad! after all its only a feckin footy match! burning a flag thats a bit of an insult to that country! :nono:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just be happy for him that he's not planning on doing it in Turkiye-he'd be in jail before the thing fully caught alight.

Apart from being a waste of money it could incite trouble if there are any Turks about.

Albion Rob

Will that be at an Eastbourne pub Chesh? I've seen those things on TV before and would like to be there just to see what reaction it gets (and to see if your mate gets nicked!).

Yes, I'm one of those monkeys who is drawn to watch these sort of things whatever I think about them.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
How would you feel if you saw a bunch of Turks burning a George Cross ??? That should answer if he should do it or not !!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
All for it,and why not?

There's no room for pc niceties in football.
hopefully it will replace war soon for international confrontation.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Albion Rob said:
Will that be at an Eastbourne pub Chesh? I've seen those things on TV before and would like to be there just to see what reaction it gets (and to see if your mate gets nicked!).

He's watching at The Gildredge (a great place to watch footy) so it'll probably in the road outside.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I'll probably be there myself - you'll be able to recognise me as I'll wear my skin-tight Turkey shirt.

Or perhaps not. :lol:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not sure if it makes him a hooligan but it does make him an embarrassing retard who needs locking up. I hope the local Turks burn a St Georges Cross - just a bit of a laugh isn't it?

tedebear said:
Thats just idiotic....

Some friend...

Er, how EXACTLY does the bloke burning a Turkey flag make him any less of a friend? Sorry, but that's just a stupid thing to say.

Originally posted bymagoo
If he does it England will be thrown out of the championships.

What the f***?!?! Yeah, I can see Sepp Blatter now: "Sorry England, but ve are throwing you out because some yobbo in Eastbourne burnt a Turkey flag". ALRIGHT THEN.

I say do it. Sounds like a cracking idea to me.

Last edited:

It's rather pathetic thing to do. I can just imagine the thoughts going on in his head

"I hate the Turkish, what shall I do to show my anger and frustration"

little while later....

"I know, I'll burn the flag!"

Or something along those lines.

I personally wouldn't be offended. I would find it really amusing as it's pathetic. If I saw a Turk doing the same, I would have the same reaction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here