Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Titanic,ITV.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
What a load of wank

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Didn't watch all of it. But I have to say that the decision to call it "Titanic," exactly the same as the second most successful film of all time, is completely bizarre. Couldn't they have added a definite article or something just to make it a bit different.

When I turned it on they had a wide shot of the ship sinking in the water which looked exactly like the film. And there was an American bloke and an English girl romance - does anyone remember Kate ane Leo? Very odd. Hope ITV lose millions on it!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Wonder how it will end ???

To be fair, they have quite an interesting gimmick of all four episodes ending with the sinking, with only the last showing what happens to the various characters. Still dull though.

Jan 30, 2008
I'd rather watch a documentary on the North Stand Kollective than that shite over again.

Best bit was the trailer for next weeks. It would be impossible to be worse.
WHO ARE THIS NORTH STAND KOLLECTIVE you speak about ???

by the way there was a programe on channel 4 earlier this week all about the sinking and the events leading up to it using actors playing the part of some of the passengers /crew/ owner and design engineer and computer graphics to give it quite an edge .

found out that if they had manged to keep number 5 boiler room dry they would have stayed afloat aided by pumping of course .

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I didn't watch it as I'm not a fan of I.t.v, and the review for it in the Times wasn't that flattering either. Lord Fellows, the guy who wrote Downton Abbey did this Titanic drama as well and it's been described as Downton Abbey at sea.
And at £2.5 million an hour episode, I.t.v will lose shedloads with an ever dwindling audience.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Didn't watch all of it. But I have to say that the decision to call it "Titanic," exactly the same as the second most successful film of all time, is completely bizarre. Couldn't they have added a definite article or something just to make it a bit different.

When I turned it on they had a wide shot of the ship sinking in the water which looked exactly like the film. And there was an American bloke and an English girl romance - does anyone remember Kate ane Leo? Very odd. Hope ITV lose millions on it!

Maybe they should have called it 'Olympic' if the conspiracy theorists are to be believed

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
TBH, this was a drama that did not need to be made. In 50 years time, with the 150th anniversary due, and advanced effects then maybe. Not now, pointless.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
TBH, this was a drama that did not need to be made. In 50 years time, with the 150th anniversary due, and advanced effects then maybe. Not now, pointless.

They would have been better off spending the money on a re-telling of our 1910 Charity Shield victory. A four part mini-series would have sufficed.

image.axd

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I didn't watch it as I'm not a fan of I.t.v, and the review for it in the Times wasn't that flattering either. Lord Fellows, the guy who wrote Downton Abbey did this Titanic drama as well and it's been described as Downton Abbey at sea.
And at £2.5 million an hour episode, I.t.v will lose shedloads with an ever dwindling audience.

I assume it will sell or already has been sold to America, since they like Downton Abbey over there and obviously the Titanic story has bankability. DVD sales included I suspect they won't lose too much. Unless of course it turns out to be a complete turkey (which it sounds like it might be!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here