Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tiny Cox

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Did my eyes deceive me or was he playing more central midfield in the second half - not his strongest position IMHO.

Best out on the flanks.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Basil Fawlty said:
Coxy didn't have one of his best games today, I thought he would of been taken off for Bowditch in the second half.

that's MADNESS!!! Yes, he was quieter than usual, but still the man most likely. Why would you take off our most creative player when we are chasing the game?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Jimmy Saville said:
that's MADNESS!!! Yes, he was quieter than usual, but still the man most likely. Why would you take off our most creative player when we are chasing the game?

Sven adopted that approach with Beckham, and got slaughtered for it.

Do you keep a player on because of what they are capable of, or take them off because they currently aren't doing it?

Tricky dillemma that

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Withdean Wanderer said:
Sven adopted that approach with Beckham, and got slaughtered for it.

Do you keep a player on because of what they are capable of, or take them off because they currently aren't doing it?

Tricky dillemma that

Not at all. He had a good game, just not as good as some of his unbelievably brilliant recent performances. I can't undrestand how either of you are suggesting that the right move on the hour mark would be to replace Cox rather than Fraser. What game were you watching???

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Basil Fawlty said:
Because he wasn't playing very well, and wasn't creating or running at them.

Hmm. Had pretty much our only two shots on target for starters. Also played in a deep gentral midfield position for much of the second half - not the position to be running at players really is it?

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
Beach Hut said:
Did my eyes deceive me or was he playing more central midfield in the second half - not his strongest position IMHO.

Best out on the flanks.
Wilkins mentions it in his interview.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
BensGrandad said:
I thought that DW might have taken El Abd off and put Fraser in there because both El Abd himself and Tranmere were trying to get him sent off.

El Abd did not try in to get himself sent off, infact he did VERY well to stay restrained when they were having pops at him. As for putting Fraser in a position where he would have to make tackles!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cox has been central to most things Albion over the past few weeks. It is therefore inevitable that his permance levels will dip at some point.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
he was man-marked tranmere new that he was/is the key to are succes, if you stop cox, you stop brighton at the moment.

el-abd deserves alot of credit for not losing his head when the tranny players were winding him up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Del Boy said:
El Abd did not try in to get himself sent off, infact he did VERY well to stay restrained when they were having pops at him. As for putting Fraser in a position where he would have to make tackles!!!

ElAbd is very keen and a tenacious tackler and eventually he will be sent off. With or without the help pf the opponents but we need a player like him in the side.

The point about Fraser is that central midfield holding role is his natural position that he performs exceptionally well for the reserves. At the moment he is played out of position for the first team but hopefully will progress to his best position.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
BensGrandad said:
ElAbd is very keen and a tenacious tackler and eventually he will be sent off. With or without the help pf the opponents but we need a player like him in the side.

The point about Fraser is that central midfield holding role is his natural position that he performs exceptionally well for the reserves. At the moment he is played out of position for the first team but hopefully will progress to his best position.

El-Abd is a player that will see red in his career, but so will others like hammond.

Fraser is brilliant in youth games, he like gatting are not ready for first team football, both of their time will come, a bit like Jakes career.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It's because Wilkins wanted to play long ball and Cox is clearly not the man to put up front in that situation. He's got loads of experience playing in the middle and I thought he did very well there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here