NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
OK, that wasn't all.

Discuss.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Loser who is England's best tennis player for 50 odd years. He pisses me off but he's held my interest to the q/f stages for a few years now. Frustrating player but hardly a loser, how may millions has he banked???

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Icy Gull said:
Loser who is England's best tennis player for 50 odd years. He pisses me off but he's held my interest to the q/f stages for a few years now. Frustrating player but hardly a loser, how may millions has he banked???

See your point but what has he ever actually won?

Classic example of British gallant loser.

Loser.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Don't know about anything else, but the Umpire in the Henman game has a highly irritating voice.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Commander said:

Loser.

There are only 4 Grand Slams, and Federer, Sampras and Agassi have been a bit greedy with those. I believe he has won something but I'm not a big tennis fan so can't tell you what exactly. Not a loser though as he has reached close to the pinnacle of his profession. If he's a loser he's in good company as this country has virtually no champions in sports contested by most of the world.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Commander said:

Loser.

The grandslam events are like the majors in Golf. Monty hasn't one major but you'd hardly refer to him as a loser would you.

Typical of the British, you get a guy who's head and shoulders above anyone esle in English Tennis, who's has one of the best records of any player at Wimbledon (granted he hasn't won it) and he gets slagged off as a loser.:rolleyes:
Now if you were to say that he was a boring git who has no personality then you'd be correct, but it doesn't make him a loser.
He's won about ten tour competitions so he can't be all bad.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Deportivo Seagull said:
The grandslam events are like the majors in Golf. Monty hasn't one major but you'd hardly refer to him as a loser would you.

Typical of the British, you get a guy who's head and shoulders above anyone esle in English Tennis, who's has one of the best records of any player at Wimbledon (granted he hasn't won it) and he gets slagged off as a loser.:rolleyes:
Now if you were to say that he was a boring git who has no personality then you'd be correct, but it doesn't make him a loser.
He's won about ten tour competitions so he can't be all bad.

:clap2:

Boring git, maybe a bit harsh. Do we ever see the real Tim?

Not a great deal of the sporting interviewees are the real mccoy. Some people are naturals in front of the camera, others are not. He seems very popular on the tennis circuit and I suspect there is a lot more to Henman than we see.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Icy Gull said:
If he's a loser he's in good company as this country has virtually no champions in sports contested by most of the world.

Exactly. Because of Henman/Ratcliffe disease. Happy to do well but not quite win it.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Just lost 4th set 6-1, having been two sets to one up. Usual story innit...!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Commander said:
Exactly. Because of Henman/Ratcliffe disease. Happy to do well but not quite win it.

Yeah, I'm sure Ratcliffe was really chuffed about crewing up in Athens, I mean she spent all that time training just so she screw up and then take all that abuse, yeah I can see why she'd be happy to do that. :rolleyes:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think it's weird, how the press and its followers slate badly-behaved footballers, then slate the clean-living, nice TIGER for being boring.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
6-3 final set . . .good loosen up for Tim

I reckon if England stay in the cup and the attention is off him he could have a reasonable tournamet

at least till the next match anyway

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here