Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tiger Woods - who cares?

Yes he's a great golfer but on the course he's arrogant and petulant.

Off the course he's had more 'birdies' than on it and his poor wife must be sick of him (although not his money).

His so called press conference today seems aimed at distracting attention from the current World Match Play Championship and it doesn't look as though his fellow professionals are too happy with him.

If he didn't make a comeback would anyone really miss him or would it be better for the rest?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'd imagine a lot of people care, seen as he is one of the world most famous sportsmen.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Petulance is indeed the word, I bet in his mind he can't believe whats happened to him, thinking he is some sort of god who should be allowed some kind of exemption from being honest, decent and moral.

He will never redeem himself in my mind, and I'll bet Nike knew of this or had an inkling - one of the biggest wool pulling over eyes that has ever gone on...

So in short he can go jump, I can't believe I ever admired him...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The reason he's pulled this stunt now is because Accenture (sponsors of the current tournament) were the first of his major sponsors to drop him like a stone when it emerged he'd been playing Hide the Sausage with half the western seaboard.

I still love Tiger. He makes bloody BRILLIANT games on the Wii.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I would, and the golfing family in general would, he is head and shoulders above the rest and a pleasure to watch. The victories of his fellow professionals since his absence have been hollow ones knowing they have won the tournaments without Tiger in the field.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Tiger's idea that this is only between him and his wife doesn't stack up. Ironically it probably stacks up more for John Terry, because at least he carried on playing.

We've had the most bizarre car accident scenario followed by a self-imposed exile from golf by the world's No1 player, and arguably one of the greatest sportsman of all time. If he really doesn't understand why that requires some damage limitation, he is much thicker than I assumed.

The bit I don't get is why the PGA Tour have helped out this on in the middle of one of their own tournaments, I can see why the other players would be pissed off about that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The other players have no place being pissed off with Woods. He has single handedly raised the profile of their sport way beyond anything that could have been dreamed of 20 years ago. His presence has brought money flooding into the golfing industry and has indirectly doubled the career earnings of every last one of them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
WHY should the other players be pissed off about this press conference anyway ?
There's a tournament almost every bloody week, it was bound to co-incide with one of them. And anyway, what possible difference does it make to them ? How can it possibly AFFECT them ?

If John Terry held a press conference to apologise for his manwhoring on the same day Arsenal played Man U, would the Man U and Arsenal players all come out complaining about the timing of it ?

Els and the other golfers whinging about it need to MAN UP and get on with their game ffs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tiger Woods 11 with the Wii Motion + could be brilliant.

Fondle Breasts - Hold A and twist wiimote

John Terry might be on the front cover too

Ever played 'No More Heroes' on the Wii ?
You have a rechargable lightsaber sword type thing as a weapon, and the motion you have to use with the controller in order to recharge it is interestingly masturbatory, to say the least.

:tosser: :clap2:

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Petulance is indeed the word, I bet in his mind he can't believe whats happened to him, thinking he is some sort of god who should be allowed some kind of exemption from being honest, decent and moral.

He will never redeem himself in my mind, and I'll bet Nike knew of this or had an inkling - one of the biggest wool pulling over eyes that has ever gone on...

So in short he can go jump, I can't believe I ever admired him...

What he said.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Yes he's a great golfer but on the course he's arrogant and petulant.

Off the course he's had more 'birdies' than on it and his poor wife must be sick of him (although not his money).

His so called press conference today seems aimed at distracting attention from the current World Match Play Championship and it doesn't look as though his fellow professionals are too happy with him.

If he didn't make a comeback would anyone really miss him or would it be better for the rest?

Tiger Woods has just started a thread on Ask the Club, saying that he does'nt give a stuff about Casual / Neutral fans not being able to get B&HA tickets ....... I wonder why? :lolol::lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There is certainly a good argument that Tiger has made the whole cake bigger for everyone, and some players may appreciate that.

But I guarantee you that underneath it all, a lot of players won't like the bloke. Even aside from him winning all the trophies and the money, they won't like his aloofness, arrogance, they won't like the fact that the PGA do things for him they wouldn't for for others, and that he is seemingly treated with kid gloves and differently to the common herd.

And the timing is undeniably poor. His first public appearance since it all happened is a huge story, and to do it during a very big tournament just shows what little regard he has for his fellow pros.

Interesting that the 900-strong Golf Writers of America, who carry a lot of weight, have taken the very principled stand that because of the set-up (no questions, etc) they don't want anything to do with it. I'm sure they would have loved to have been there, fair play to them.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I don't care - typical of prem footballers it would seem. Too much cash and too few morals

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
If John Terry held a press conference to apologise for his manwhoring on the same day Arsenal played Man U, would the Man U and Arsenal players all come out complaining about the timing of it ?

An implausible example Easy!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But I guarantee you that underneath it all, a lot of players won't like the bloke.

Like he'll care.
Faldo was the same. Most of the Tour wouldn't have pissed on him if he was on fire and had a piss fetish. All Woods cares about is winning majors and shagging lots of sluts. What anyone else thinks of him comes a long way down the list methinks.

Its called FOCUS :thumbsup:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Like he'll care.
Faldo was the same. Most of the Tour wouldn't have pissed on him if he was on fire and had a piss fetish. All Woods cares about is winning majors and shagging lots of sluts. What anyone else thinks of him comes a long way down the list methinks.

Its called FOCUS :thumbsup:

I'm sure you're right about Woods' attitude - but it's going to cost him this time. Over the next few months and what he's got coming he could do with some support, and he isn't going to get any.

Then you also get into the debate about whether to be truly great you also have to show a bit of dignity, class and respect for your rivals as well as win everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here