Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets sales and Falmer

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
How would most people like to travel to a footy match?

My opinion ids the majority especially families would be preference travel by car so the plans to not sell tckets at Falmer seem another own goal by the Club - Yed i realise and have been told that it was part of the conditions in the planning report blah. blah , blah. I still feel this won't help us attract the family and future fans howver easy it is to get tickjets at railway, bus staions - free travel etc.

When will people realise the majority of people want and choose to travel by car ( which in my opinion we could do with alot less of but thats society i'm afraid) FFS especially families with kids they don't want to be dragging on trains and buses. They don't want to be hanging round after a game for buses trains which then don't get them directly back to their front doors.

There's nothing WORSE, in my opinion, than the grief of trying to get a car out of a car park after an event where most people have used a car to get there.

What I want is easy train access to football. Even if there was "easy" car parking at Falmer, it would be a complete nightmare post-match. I would CHOOSE to travel by train.

Just as I CHOSE to travel by train to the Goldstone, even when my kids were young.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Lord Bracknell said:
There's nothing WORSE, in my opinion, than the grief of trying to get a car out of a car park after an event where most people have used a car to get there.

What I want is easy train access to football. Even if there was "easy" car parking at Falmer, it would be a complete nightmare post-match. I would CHOOSE to travel by train.

Just as I CHOSE to travel by train to the Goldstone, even when my kids were young.

I totally agree with that, I myself think people should use public transport alot more than they do, there are far to many cars making pointless journeys these days that could be done on foot or by train/bus - I have car but walk to work or get the bus as i prefer to do so.

I do feel though a lot of people will find it a pain - Up here in Huddersfield the car park is alway spacked for matches even though the it takes for ever to get out even when there are bus routes on the Leeds road or only a 15 min walk into town - the bus station or train. Can't understand it myself but it seems people would rather sit in their cars anyway - so why will people going to Falmer be any different?

Goring Gull said:
why will people going to Falmer be any different?
Most people going to big matches at Falmer won't be able to park their cars within walking distance of the ground.

Parking is banned on the A27 already. Parking will be completely banned at Falmer village and on the Woodingdean road.

The ONLY available parking near the stadium will be at Sussex University and at Falmer High School and that will have to be rationed.

It will be rationed by only allowing cars where the occupants have bought match tickets in advance.

If drivers try to get round these restrictions by parking on-street, they will simply find that they will pick up a hefty fine or have their vehicles towed away. It won't be possible to get away with a bit of anti-social parking near the ground, like happens at Withdean.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here