Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tickets on sale at the withdean tonight ...

falmer2010

Dec 15, 2009
tickets are on sale at gate , looking forward to seeing caskey , dunk , barker ,strong and wilkins .. come on you seagullsssssssssssssss:D:ohmy::lolol::lolol:

this is the future of the club :falmer::falmer::falmer:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, I must admit I'd also heard that, despite announcements to the contrary, there was going to be a turnstile open tonight for pay on the gate (as per the Chelsea game a few years ago). I wasn't going to announce it on here in case it wasn't true and I wouldn't want any one turning up and then blaming me if it turned out to be mere unsubstantiated rumour.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Insider has referred to the "all ticket" message on ask the club so doesn't look like they will be on sale at the ground

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The guy at the ticket office told me two weeks ago that:

The club, due to not owning the ground, do not have the required permits to sell tickets for entertainment at the location. (I think it's a Box office license)

Therefore, all tickets must be purchased from the club ticket office prior to kick-off.

As often youth and reserve team games are not at the withdean tickets have been either purchased on the day or free entry, this lead to a very large number of fans assuming it would be the case for the Chelsea game and about 4,000 more than expected turned up.

Due to this large number of dissapointed fans (safety reasons) the club got permission to sell on the gate and so they opened up the South stand to accomodate everyone.

The Club have apparently tried to get a licence for tonight but it has been rejected and they have been told to sell tickets prior to kick-off as usual.

I would expect the stewards to be turning people away unless there is over 1000 fans who turn up without tickets

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
... to a very large number of fans assuming it would be the case for the Chelsea game and about 4,000 more than expected turned up.

Due to this large number of dissapointed fans (safety reasons) the club got permission to sell on the gate and so they opened up the South stand to accomodate everyone.
I'm not going to dispute the rest of your post as I don't know the facts, but the Chelsea game WAS advertised as 'pay at the gate'. However the club did indeed under-estimate the numbers and consequently there were massive queues at the few turnstiles that were open. When it became obvious that they'd still be queues at about 10:00pm they opened the gates and allowed people in free. Dick Knight then came on the PA and made an appeal and asked them all to chuck fivers in a bucket!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Anyway I might well have a spare adult North Stand ticket for this evening (my daughter can't make it). If anybody's interested PM me.

EDIT: Definitely got a spare adult ticket having read TLO's post above!

Last edited:

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
where did this come from withdean is an ALL TICKET venue

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Anyway I might well have a spare adult North Stand ticket for this evening (my daughter can't make it). If anybody's interested PM me.

EDIT: Definitely got a spare adult ticket having read TLO's post above!
Any takers for this? I'll be off at about 17:30 ...:bounce:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think if you have a South Stand ticket, they'll re-issue you with a north stand ticket

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone no how many we've sold now?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
just in from work and theres prob 54 threads confirming or denying tickets are on sale at the gate or not already,but has anybody a difinitive answer yet? are they on sale at the gate or notts ? ta

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here