Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket touting in our ticket exchange?

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I agree with Herr T and Enda that face value is what you should sell for, even if you could get more, and to be consistent, that's all you're prepared to pay.

The other side of the coin is that I'm not prepared to sell on a ticket for less that face value if I can't get to a gig/match at short notice, and insist on giving someone full price if they're in that position (this has happened!).

Call me a purist, but I think it's a pretty consistent code. Hard to see how you can oppose touting if you're prepared to take advantage of market conditions to get a cheap ticket.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Im a STH west stand upper before anyone shoots me down.

My Dad cannot attend games on a Saturday so therefore has been to the Gills And Sunderland cup games mid week. He amassed 40 points and was awaiting the next round to go again. I tried (in vain) To get him a ticket but you needed 60 points.

Poor ticketing points by the club there should have been a 40 point barrier.

People are out there selling tickets for double triple face value. I will hold my hands up to get him a ticket I have offered double face value.

My main gripe is with the club loyalty policy there should have been a 40 point barrier.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree with Herr T and Enda that face value is what you should sell for, even if you could get more, and to be consistent, that's all you're prepared to pay.

The other side of the coin is that I'm not prepared to sell on a ticket for less that face value if I can't get to a gig/match at short notice, and insist on giving someone full price if they're in that position (this has happened!).

Call me a purist, but I think it's a pretty consistent code. Hard to see how you can oppose touting if you're prepared to take advantage of market conditions to get a cheap ticket.

This.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
seems if you aint sucking one of them off,you face dont fit,its a ban.
To be fair, we're not paying for the team to moderate this for us, so it's not like they're going to be that expert with every case. Personally, I'd just remove all posts that asked for/offered more than face value, and issue warnings, then start banning.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I will hold my hands up to get him a ticket I have offered double face value.
I can understand you're prepared to pay more, but if this website allows that, then we all have to pay more, which will encourage some of us to buy extra tickets as we know we'll make a profit for big games, so it'll become harder for people like your dad to get tickets next time.

If this site doesn't accept touting, there's a fair chance you will be able to get a ticket at face value. If you make yourself available, some people will not be able to make it on the day because of whatever, you drive to their place and get the ticket.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Isn't it illegal?

TB

Call yourself a Tory! I thought you'd support the free market option and be in favour of ticket touting....

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I dont just mean value in the pounds, shilling and pence sense. What I mean is touts are people who do not enhance the purchase in any shape or form IMHO. They do not provide anything for their mark up. Obviously they add monetary value.

You've lost me, if you take away the pounds, shillings and pence element how is it possible to enhance a ticket purchase in anyway? If anything surely buying from a tout would be more pleasurable because you wouldn't be sat on a phone/computer for hours trying to get through.

You don't strike me as the sort to start a thread on here to announce your tickets for Quo have just turned up.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Im a STH west stand upper before anyone shoots me down.

My Dad cannot attend games on a Saturday so therefore has been to the Gills And Sunderland cup games mid week. He amassed 40 points and was awaiting the next round to go again. I tried (in vain) To get him a ticket but you needed 60 points.

Poor ticketing points by the club there should have been a 40 point barrier.

People are out there selling tickets for double triple face value. I will hold my hands up to get him a ticket I have offered double face value.

My main gripe is with the club loyalty policy there should have been a 40 point barrier.

I mean no disrespect and I don't know your dads personal or financial circumstances, if he had bought a Leeds and palace ticket (both midweek) he would have been able to buy a liverpool ticket

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
This, apart from the bit about lazy housewives. The people who I regularly see at gigs are generally organised men....who will threaten violence if you try to sell a ticket on their patch. This happened to me at a Morrissey gig.

This happened to me at a Carter gig. "Sell it to us for f*** all or take a hiding". Really f***ed me off. Waited until he was about to conclude a sale then nipped in and gave them my tickets for free. Cost me but worth it for how completely mental he went.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You've lost me, if you take away the pounds, shillings and pence element how is it possible to enhance a ticket purchase in anyway? If anything surely buying from a tout would be more pleasurable because you wouldn't be sat on a phone/computer for hours trying to get through.

You don't strike me as the sort to start a thread on here to announce your tickets for Quo have just turned up.

Maybe I'm not being clear but I'm done with this thread. Sorry.

My bottom line is that selling on a ticket for profit is sad and pathetic in my opinion. It's ripping fans/supporters off. You're not providing anything for the extra money. You're just a weasel getting in the way of people going out and having a good time.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
As gigs have been mentioned, can I flag up Scarlet Mist to anyone who doesn't know it? It's basically an ethical ticket exchange service for gig tickets. Everything at face value (and people are usually cool about including the admin fees that the agency has charged):

www.scarletmist.com

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
As gigs have been mentioned, can I flag up Scarlet Mist to anyone who doesn't know it? It's basically an ethical ticket exchange service for gig tickets. Everything at face value (and people are usually cool about including the admin fees that the agency has charged):

www.scarletmist.com

Scarlet Mist has gone offline. We have been forced to close the site because of the unacceptably high levels of fraud carried out by a small number of criminals. We are desperately sorry to let the rest of you down.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here