Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket touting in our ticket exchange?

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Honestly can't believe that some are supporting touting of tickets. Touts come along buy up tickets (especially gigs) and then sell them for a extortionate price meaning people who want to go either end up not going or paying a silly price. If you end up with spare tickets (as I have and sold them on here) sell them a knock down price but to actually buy tickets with the intention to sell them for profit is wrong and legislation should have been made long ago stamping it out

Absolutely this

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Honestly can't believe that some are supporting touting of tickets. Touts come along buy up tickets (especially gigs) and then sell them for a extortionate price meaning people who want to go either end up not going or paying a silly price. If you end up with spare tickets (as I have and sold them on here) sell them a knock down price but to actually buy tickets with the intention to sell them for profit is wrong and legislation should have been made long ago stamping it out

I'm not supporting them, just have realised that it's not a perfect world we live in. They've been around for years and they'll continue to be around all the time there is a market for them to be there. If people stopped buying from them then they would go away but that's not going to happen.

Also not every ticket they sell is an extortionate rip off. I've been to tons of gigs where I've paid less than face value in some case an awful lot less (Metallica at the o2 a year or so ago I paid a tenner for a £50 face ticket).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Okay, let's test you a little on this one.

You're at the World Cup, and for some reason you have a spare Japan v Argentina ticket. It suddenly becomes clear that the Japanese have arrived in tens of thousands carrying the GDP of a small country in their wallets. You are offered £500 and no comeback to someone you'll never see again, a sum that all but pays for your travel and accomodation. Or you can give it away for £40 to a 'real Japanese fan'.

What do you do?

£40, and I'd make sure the person came in the ground with me to ensure they didn't move it on. Money isn't the be all and end all with me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So I'm selling/touting/whatever this ticket for £40, and someone comes up and offers me £500 - why would a Japanese, or anyone else, do that?
£40 is what it's worth to me and that, or less, is what I'd sell it for.

I'm glad others share my view.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
try telling 'Herr Tubthumper' that. that man has definitely had a few cry wanks in his time.

Hardly. I don't like people, like touts, who get in the way and add zero value to anything. On this note I'm not liking you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can I just point out that the ticket exchange is, I'll be polite and say 'confusing'? It says 'Seller' but when you click on it most of them are people wanting tickets, not selling them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why are some NSCers ignoring the the ticket exchange rules ? Once you set a precedent of buying or selling way over face value the site becomes less than squeaky clean to the providers of NSC's income streams.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Some things I guess I'd pay over the odds for, but not this. I've got my seat for the Liverpool game but queued up yesterday to try and get my brother tickets as he had to go to a funeral so couldn't go online & do it himself. They sold out just before I got to the front :-( which is a shame for him but regardless, I wouldn't now go and pay fifty quid to some mercenary SPIV trying to make a fast buck out of it.

Neither, if I had a spare myself, would I look to profit from it, whatever someone offers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is exactly the point I'm trying to make, if they added zero to value to anything as you say then they wouldn't exist surely?

I dont just mean value in the pounds, shilling and pence sense. What I mean is touts are people who do not enhance the purchase in any shape or form IMHO. They do not provide anything for their mark up. Obviously they add monetary value.

It will take a lot of work to convince me that a pro-tout or someone with a spare ticket who has wacked an extra 30-40 quid onto the price is providing a valuable service. As I have already said, if I had a spare and knew of someone who wanted to go to a game or a gig I'd sell it for face value as others on this site have also said. In fact I have done this in the past.

Last edited:

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some things I guess I'd pay over the odds for, but not this. I've got my seat for the Liverpool game but queued up yesterday to try and get my brother tickets as he had to go to a funeral so couldn't go online & do it himself. They sold out just before I got to the front :-( which is a shame for him but regardless, I wouldn't now go and pay fifty quid to some mercenary SPIV trying to make a fast buck out of it.

Neither, if I had a spare myself, would I look to profit from it, whatever someone offers.

I will take yours for 10 grand ?.

Everyone has their price you know.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
What's up with this, the rules were no touting, but almost every ad there is asking or offering way over face value for tickets. Is Bozza going to remove the ban on touting, or uphold it and remove all the offending posts/ban people if they keep offending?

Not surpised,last season i offered to pay over the odds for huddersfield ticket,i got 1 month ban,yet there was many many offering free car wash,more ££,phone me for details,etc,seems if you aint sucking one of them off,you face dont fit,its a ban.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I will take yours for 10 grand ?.

Everyone has their price you know.

They do. But nobody is going to pay ten grand for a Carling Cup game are they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here