Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket touting in our ticket exchange?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Personally speaking I feel cup games are different to league games. For the league games the ST holder has already purchased his ticket and has it regardless of if he can make it or not. For cup games they have to go and rebuy their seat. Now most people will know if they can make a game or not that is 2 weeks later, if they can, they buy, if they cant then they dont buy. Granted you will get people who have something come up at short notice and have to cancel but in 90% of the cases, especially when the price is above face value, they were bought to sell on at a profit.

The question is, would a genuine Brighton fan look to make money out of a fellow fan? Or is this the first example of many of the plastics looking to recoup some of the cost of the season ticket they paid for?

Anyway, with the current way the team is heading its something we should get used to, if someone said 3 years ago that tickets for a Brighton game were being sold for twice the face value you would have laughed at them

I would imagine not but think that if you suddenly had a spare ticket and people had been offering to pay double for it then they may sell at that price, seems strange to think people would say "sorry i can't accept you £60 for this ticket, but i will take £30" - if there being offered more than face value people will generally accept it as they may not see it as touting.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
What about people with PSLs, they buy the right to the seat so how are they affected by the selling on rules, could they charge more.

What about those who brought a PSL, they had the fee on top of their ST payments so can they factor this cost into the ticket sales price?

Outside companies can charge small fortuntes to sporting events because they include other things in the price (travel or accomodation) but can charge well over the real price if brought seperately - is that considered touting or is it legal as its more than just a match ticket?

Personally I consider a tout to be someone who mass buys tickets to sell on not one person flogging their unwanted ticket at a bit over face value

* personally i don't have a PSL and don't intend to sell

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
oh how witty. people can do what they want until caught by people WITH authority. i'm not saying i agree with it dicknose!

Fine, but I live my life via different values cock-knocker.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would imagine not but think that if you suddenly had a spare ticket and people had been offering to pay double for it then they may sell at that price, seems strange to think people would say "sorry i can't accept you £60 for this ticket, but i will take £30" - if there being offered more than face value people will generally accept it as they may not see it as touting.

Very good point this. Im going as I topped my ST card. But lets say I couldnt due to illness for example.

I would most definitely only charge face value (or less) to a GENUINE Albion fan.

If it was someone who "supported" Liverpool and wanting Liverpool to win. They can f*** off I would then GIVE it away to a genuine Albion fan. I do NOT want any LFC fans in our end. NONE. I realise it will happen but NOT from ME.

If it was a plastic Albion - no interest in them, never was ever gonna go to the Amx ever, but all of a sudden we draw Liverpool so they are interested then I would SQUEEZE that **** for as much as I could possibly get and then squeeze a bit f***ing more.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I have had spare gig tickets which I could have moved on for a profit but I have never done so. I have always asked face value.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have had spare gig tickets which I could have moved on for a profit but I have never done so. I have always asked face value.

Okay, let's test you a little on this one.

You're at the World Cup, and for some reason you have a spare Japan v Argentina ticket. It suddenly becomes clear that the Japanese have arrived in tens of thousands carrying the GDP of a small country in their wallets. You are offered £500 and no comeback to someone you'll never see again, a sum that all but pays for your travel and accomodation. Or you can give it away for £40 to a 'real Japanese fan'.

What do you do?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

You're at the World Cup, and for some reason you have a spare Japan v Argentina ticket. It suddenly becomes clear that the Japanese have arrived in tens of thousands carrying the GDP of a small country in their wallets. You are offered £500 and no comeback to someone you'll never see again, a sum that all but pays for your travel and accomodation. Or you can give it away for £40 to a 'real Japanese fan'.

What do you do?

Difficult as they all look the same...

What?

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant

What do you do?

I'm really racking my brains to work out why I would have a ticket for Japan v Argentina, let alone a spare one!

What do you do?

So I'm selling/touting/whatever this ticket for £40, and someone comes up and offers me £500 - why would a Japanese, or anyone else, do that?
£40 is what it's worth to me and that, or less, is what I'd sell it for.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Just dont buy them, that simple.

No need to shed a tear over it, and go crying to the club.

Jeez.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
So I'm selling/touting/whatever this ticket for £40, and someone comes up and offers me £500 - why would a Japanese, or anyone else, do that?

You would have a breakdown if you followed England away.:lolol::lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

So even if you'd been offered £500 first (that's the scenario), you'd sell it for £40?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can pass anything, except a ball, or a test.

What do you do?
I think I'd fail that test.

2 things:
1) there's a difference between ending up with a spare ticket, and deliberately buying extra, thus denying genuine fans, and then selling it to those same fans having added your profit.
2) I am also drawing a destinction between our fans, fans that support the same team as me, and the scumbags that dare to support anyone else.

The reason I started the thread was just for clarification from the mods though.
Difficult as they all look the same...

What?
:lolol:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Honestly can't believe that some are supporting touting of tickets. Touts come along buy up tickets (especially gigs) and then sell them for a extortionate price meaning people who want to go either end up not going or paying a silly price. If you end up with spare tickets (as I have and sold them on here) sell them a knock down price but to actually buy tickets with the intention to sell them for profit is wrong and legislation should have been made long ago stamping it out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here