Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket touting in our ticket exchange?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Depends where you are in WSU. If you are in the "wings" say level with the penalty areas you are in band A so its about £25.

But in most areas of the WSU its about £28.

We have a spare and generally charge between £20 - £28 quid.

I'm in B and I charged £25 for the one I sold which seems fairly reasonable then.

Thank you for the information.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Yes, but fans like me can't stop everyone from paying over the odds FACT! You might as well say that if everyone stopped breaking the law, we wouldn't need to pay for a police force or defence, and we wouldn't need locks on our cars and homes, we wouldn't have to pay for the insurance to deal with crime etc. It's not that easy is it.
Calm down babe. It does involve me, I want to buy a ticket on this forum, and the forum rules state that prices must be face value. I sell on this forum too and follow the same rules.

If you want to buy a ticket read your
pm!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
On my, so far unheeded, wanted ad for two West Ham tix... I put £100 for the two tickets simply because if two 1901's came up I guess that would be the face value?? But I would hope and expect to pay £28 in WSU or whatever.
The problem is that those selling tickets will see your add and assume the tickets are going for £50 each. If you're allowing for 1901, put that in the post (eg, wanted, 2 tickets, £60 - £100 (1901).

D

Deleted member 18477

Yes, but fans like me can't stop everyone from paying over the odds FACT! You might as well say that if everyone stopped breaking the law, we wouldn't need to pay for a police force or defence, and we wouldn't need locks on our cars and homes, we wouldn't have to pay for the insurance to deal with crime etc. It's not that easy is it.
Calm down babe. It does involve me, I want to buy a ticket on this forum, and the forum rules state that prices must be face value. I sell on this forum too and follow the same rules.

yea because thats a similar example. dear oh dear.

i'm not your babe hunny. it doesnt involve you. if you want to buy a ticket and all the tickets on 'sale' are above face value then you don't purchase and wait for Bozza to inforce the rules that are set in place. once he has removed the 'touts' then you will see whats left. its his responsibilty to sort that if he set it up. not yours.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For concerts though why should touts buy up as many tickets as they can with the sole reason to make a profit, many fans cannot get tickets because of them, many of whom are lazy housewives/unemployed who sit at home and are free to go online at anytime of the day the second tickets are released. How much tax do they pay on their profits - NIL. What makes it worse is those who tell total lies on ebay as to why they are "having" to sell the tickets.

Touts=Scum

This, apart from the bit about lazy housewives. The people who I regularly see at gigs are generally organised men....who will threaten violence if you try to sell a ticket on their patch. This happened to me at a Morrissey gig.

But, I do not think the bods selling Liverpool tickets are as organised. They're prob local chancers more than anything else. But, my sentiment is the same. It's a sad and pathetic way to make a few quid.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As far as the Liverpool game is concerned tho I would hope all the f***ing plastics from both sides are fleeced within an inch of their lives.

Hate plastics. HATE.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Personally speaking I feel cup games are different to league games. For the league games the ST holder has already purchased his ticket and has it regardless of if he can make it or not. For cup games they have to go and rebuy their seat. Now most people will know if they can make a game or not that is 2 weeks later, if they can, they buy, if they cant then they dont buy. Granted you will get people who have something come up at short notice and have to cancel but in 90% of the cases, especially when the price is above face value, they were bought to sell on at a profit.

The question is, would a genuine Brighton fan look to make money out of a fellow fan? Or is this the first example of many of the plastics looking to recoup some of the cost of the season ticket they paid for?

Anyway, with the current way the team is heading its something we should get used to, if someone said 3 years ago that tickets for a Brighton game were being sold for twice the face value you would have laughed at them

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
to all the do-gooders out there. shut the f*** up and get a life instead of trying to force authority. you're pathetic! people will live their lives however they want.

Get a life. There is an irony there, when defending ticket touts.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This, apart from the bit about lazy housewives. The people who I regularly see at gigs are generally organised men....who will threaten violence if you try to sell a ticket on their patch. This happened to me at a Morrissey gig.

But, I do not think the bods selling Liverpool tickets are as organised. They're prob local chancers more than anything else. But, my sentiment is the same. It's a sad and pathetic way to make a few quid.

My housewife bit was really for those who sell on ebay rather than at the event

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
if you want to buy a ticket and all the tickets on 'sale' are above face value then you don't purchase and wait for Bozza to inforce the rules that are set in place. once he has removed the 'touts' then you will see whats left. its his responsibilty to sort that if he set it up. not yours.
But the mods have asked us to report those adverts to help them, so it is our responsibility.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I get that if someone is happy to pay twice face value then they should probably be able to do so since, without the touting they may not be able to go at all..

Quite. I've used touts in the past and I expect I will in the future. I've no problem with someone who is prepared to put the effort in to make a few quid.

However, I also believe that if there is an easily accessible marketplace where selling over face value is permitted, then there is encouragement for someone to buy tickets with the sole intention of profiting. And if people are buying solely to re-sell and profit then those with genuine want-to-attend demand will miss out..

But there already are those outlets, granted for a much wider audience so it might slip under the radar for little old Brighton.

I don't want NSC's ticket exchange facility to be a reason why people miss out on tickets, so the 'face value or below' mantra will remain in place, and be enforced as best we can.

Oh right, so it's do as I say and not as I do..........you make me sick!

Beer Saturday?

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
If your a season ticket holder and you cant make a game? how do you sell the ticket? i mean its all done on the card, and you cant give your card to some stranger? help here someone

D

Deleted member 18477

If your a season ticket holder and you cant make a game? how do you sell the ticket? i mean its all done on the card, and you cant give your card to some stranger? help here someone

if you have now bought it and cannot make it sell it for face value on the ticket exchange section of this site. (yes u will have to give ur card to them, so maybe get a deposit which you can give back once the card has been returned.)

or give it to a friend to go - someone you can trust.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here