Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket touting in our ticket exchange?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree but would you not be considered 'a grass' by some on here. I wonder if the club read such threads about ticket exchange and sales.

Another question if a person sold tickets at above face value on here would Bozza or whoever give the club details of the posters correct name, as registered with NSC.

Whatever. But, I personally would not have a single issue reporting a ticket tout to the club. I truly despise this sort of activity, especially in football and music. In fact, send the details to me and I'll happily forward them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As if I'd give a **** Brian?

If the club is going to continue to "unofficially tolerate" NSC's ticket exchange as it did during the Withdean years then it has to be operated in the same manner - Bozza's rules are clear. Report any touting to the mods, don't issue any warnings justpermanently ban anyone doing so, and if NSC has their i/d then send it on to the club and let them ban them to. Sorted.

this

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry if it upset some but my post was a little tongue in cheek aimed at some who posted on the Standing up on 27th thread. I would have no doubts about reporting any persons doing this to the club. As I said would NSC give the users correct names, I would hope that they would.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sorry must admit I wasnt counting the "tourist" games of the SSCF and Spuds. I meant REAL games.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Goes to show that those that didnt go to, say, Gillingham probably should have to boost their points total. Or at last bought a tix even if you couldnt go.

Ce'st la vie.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
got my tickets through touts for some big games and was well happy to pay over odds to watch Barca v Real madrid and Inter v AC

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have been unable to find out the cost of a West Stand Upper ticket. Every time I check the club website all upcoming games are sold out.

If I'm selling one of my tickets to a friend I charge the season ticket pro-rated cost, but if to someone I don't know I feel jutified in charging them to going one-off price, so maybe a couple of quid in my pocket for my trouble. Doesn't sound unreasonable.

Anyway, what is the per game ticket cost for West Stand Upper?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Personally I don't see what the big deal is with touting. If someone wants to go to an event that badly that they are prepared to pay over the odds then that is up to them surely?

Obviously I appreciate it's "officially" illegal and even eBay don't allow the sale of football tickets (at least they never used to) but sites like Seatwave and Viagogo give people the market to flog their tickets for a profit now and don't seem to be getting shut down.

If there is a market for it then people will try and make a quick buck, it's human nature.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have been unable to find out the cost of a West Stand Upper ticket. Every time I check the club website all upcoming games are sold out.

If I'm selling one of my tickets to a friend I charge the season ticket pro-rated cost, but if to someone I don't know I feel jutified in charging them to going one-off price, so maybe a couple of quid in my pocket for my trouble. Doesn't sound unreasonable.

£28 I believe.

For the league games I am unable to attend, I sell on for £20 which is what I think this sum comes out to...

MonthlyDDAmount * 12 / 23

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Personally I don't see what the big deal is with touting. If someone wants to go to an event that badly that they are prepared to pay over the odds then that is up to them surely?

Obviously I appreciate it's "officially" illegal and even eBay don't allow the sale of football tickets (at least they never used to) but sites like Seatwave and Viagogo give people the market to flog their tickets for a profit now and don't seem to be getting shut down.

If there is a market for it then people will try and make a quick buck, it's human nature.

For concerts though why should touts buy up as many tickets as they can with the sole reason to make a profit, many fans cannot get tickets because of them, many of whom are lazy housewives/unemployed who sit at home and are free to go online at anytime of the day the second tickets are released. How much tax do they pay on their profits - NIL. What makes it worse is those who tell total lies on ebay as to why they are "having" to sell the tickets.

Touts=Scum

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Depends where you are in WSU. If you are in the "wings" say level with the penalty areas you are in band A so its about £25.

But in most areas of the WSU its about £28.

We have a spare and generally charge between £20 - £28 quid.

D

Deleted member 18477

THIS!!! it's supply and demand again.

if people want to go that much that they are willing to pay well over the price for a ticket then they are the mugs! if they just said no face value and they all did that then people wouldnt buy tickets to sell on FACT!

and season ticket holders wouldnt have purchased their seats to sell on.

and if they did but no one purchased it then the club would lose the support if they were then unable to go themselves and it would have been their fault for not setting up a proper ticket exchange which this club is now crying out for.

to all the do-gooders out there. shut the f*** up and get a life instead of trying to force authority. you're pathetic! people will live their lives however they want. if they want to run the risk of being caught for touting thats their choice but it does NOT involve you idiots!

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010

Viagogo have entered into agreements with a number of clubs which means that they are official resellers of tickets for these clubs which is legal. It is only illegal to resell football tickets without specific authority to do it from the organising club.

I've no idea whether, for example, 1901 members have official permission to resell their tickets for any price, or whether the tickets are simply transferrable ( ie for no fee ).

Of course in practice you can sell tickets privately by word of mouth and no one will know, but if you sell tickets on ebay, or even NSC, then there is evidence that you are in fact breaking the law.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

£10
We're just trying to help out our fellow fans, we don't want them being ripped off. Particularly when it means we'd end up with liverpool fans in the Brighton end instead of genuine Brighton fans, because the plastics are willing to pay more because it'll be their only game of the season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I get that if someone is happy to pay twice face value then they should probably be able to do so since, without the touting they may not be able to go at all.

However, I also believe that if there is an easily accessible marketplace where selling over face value is permitted, then there is encouragement for someone to buy tickets with the sole intention of profiting. And if people are buying solely to re-sell and profit then those with genuine want-to-attend demand will miss out.

I don't want NSC's ticket exchange facility to be a reason why people miss out on tickets, so the 'face value or below' mantra will remain in place, and be enforced as best we can.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
On my, so far unheeded, wanted ad for two West Ham tix... I put £100 for the two tickets simply because if two 1901's came up I guess that would be the face value?? But I would hope and expect to pay £28 in WSU or whatever.

As a bear of very little brain, I find the new exchange somewhat overpowering for what seems like a fairly simple activity, but I guess others may find it easy/helpful etc...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
if people want to go that much that they are willing to pay well over the price for a ticket then they are the mugs! if they just said no face value and they all did that then people wouldnt buy tickets to sell on FACT!
Yes, but fans like me can't stop everyone from paying over the odds FACT! You might as well say that if everyone stopped breaking the law, we wouldn't need to pay for a police force or defence, and we wouldn't need locks on our cars and homes, we wouldn't have to pay for the insurance to deal with crime etc. It's not that easy is it.
to all the do-gooders out there. shut the f*** up and get a life instead of trying to force authority. you're pathetic! people will live their lives however they want. if they want to run the risk of being caught for touting thats their choice but it does NOT involve you idiots!
Calm down babe. It does involve me, I want to buy a ticket on this forum, and the forum rules state that prices must be face value. I sell on this forum too and follow the same rules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here