Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket less matches booking fee???

Kendo3

Jul 26, 2004
Uckfield
A mate at work is Tottenham member, he has swipe card updated when he buys a ticket. He has just paid over £50 for a ticket to see FC Twente, plus a £3.50 booking fee to activate his card, he then receives his seat place by e-mail.

So an administrator, looks his name up in the database, activates his card, sends an e-mail for £3.50, multiply that by 30,000 = £105k income (I know not all will have to update there card, just an example).

Great revenue stream or yet again rip off the fans.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
rip off - although there is nothing to suggest the albion will do that

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Tottenham are scum and can rip off their wankmongous fans all they like. A £7.50 fee would be too good for those bastards.

Tony will not follow suit.

:amex:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Tottenham are scum and can rip off their wankmongous fans all they like. A £7.50 fee would be too good for those bastards.

Tony is also a businessman, so if there is a good reason to do so (i.e EVERYONE is doing it) I am sure we will see similar. Part and parcel of entertainment today, just try and go to a gig. A £12 ticket, with booking fees, card fees, postage comes to £20 now adays

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

everybody does it and we will do it, isn't there already an admin fee for credit card payments ???

£3.50 is nothing compared to concert tickets

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Tony is also a businessman, so if there is a good reason to do so (i.e EVERYONE is doing it) I am sure we will see similar. Part and parcel of entertainment today, just try and go to a gig. A £12 ticket, with booking fees, card fees, postage comes to £20 now adays

Which is why, out of principle I always try and get to the venue to buy tickets, rather than getting ripped off for the convenience of booking online. Call it anal, impractical, or whatever, but ticket prices are expensive enough for football, gigs, theatre without adding money on top.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
everybody does it and we will do it, isn't there already an admin fee for credit card payments ???

£3.50 is nothing compared to concert tickets

Actually just checked, if you want to buy a ticket online it will currently cost you £2 on top of the ticket price

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Does anyone genuinely think someone actually checks his name on a database and sends out an email? Unless of course, by administrator, you are referring to a computer then I apologise.

Either way, booking fees are the biggest rip-off as by doing things on-line you are saving the club a lot of money and the charge doesn't reflect the actual cost of transaction at all. Plus, in the event of the match being cancelled, you only get the ticket price back and not the booking fee.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Because Tottenham are a bunch of crooks. They've stopped charging £1.50 P&P now though (That's nice of them :rolleyes:)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Because Tottenham are a bunch of crooks. They've stopped charging £1.50 P&P now though (That's nice of them :rolleyes:)

£3.50 for an e-mail has a higher profit margin than a poxy £1.50 p&p tax :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here