Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket idea - Will the club do this?

All us lucky STH's will no doubt be looking forward to the Donny game, but with just 1500 (maybe 2500 if away half full) available for the rest, it would could be a mass free for all from all over Sussex and beyond.

Here's an idea.........

Gills tickets go on general sale on the 20th. Why not put the Donny tickets on sale on say the 25th to all those who have 10 Loyalty points?

This way, you know your chances of seeing the 1st game will have massively increased if you buy a ticket to a game which definately won't sell out.

Win for loyal fans
Win for the club.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All us lucky STH's will no doubt be looking forward to the Donny game, but with just 1500 (maybe 2500 if away half full) available for the rest, it would could be a mass free for all from all over Sussex and beyond.

Here's an idea.........

Gills tickets go on general sale on the 20th. Why not put the Donny tickets on sale on say the 25th to all those who have 10 Loyalty points?

This way, you know your chances of seeing the 1st game will have massively increased if you buy a ticket to a game which definately won't sell out.

Win for loyal fans
Win for the club.

Why do you think Gills won't sell out?

First ever night game. I'm looking forward to that as much as the Donny game.

Sensibly priced too. £15 adults, only £4 kids.

Why do you think Gills won't sell out?

First ever night game. I'm looking forward to that as much as the Donny game.

Sensibly priced too. £15 adults, only £4 kids.

Ok, it may do, but I doubt it, as historically attendances in the 1st round (and even later rounds) have been abysmal. My idea would ensure a few more bums on seats. Also, an interested Manure fan is not very likely to want to watch Gills, where some would want to watch our Donny game, maybe at the expense of a genuine fan. My idea would help eliminate this possibility.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Yep, can't wait for the Gills game due to it being under floodlights (although it won't actually be that dark outside unfortunately)

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
:thumbsup: from me

Here's an idea.........

Win for loyal fans
Win for the club.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Ok, it may do, but I doubt it, as historically attendances in the 1st round (and even later rounds) have been abysmal. My idea would ensure a few more bums on seats. Also, an interested Manure fan is not very likely to want to watch Gills, where some would want to watch our Donny game, maybe at the expense of a genuine fan. My idea would help eliminate this possibility.

However to counter that we have a brand new stadium for which there are thousands of people (who may normally have no interest in the Albion) wanting to go to at least one game just to see what the ground is like and experience it for themselves.

A game like this is an ideal opportunity for them to be able to get a ticket especially as they will probably find it impossible to get tickets for any league games this season.

I can see it being a sell out (even if i can't make it :( )

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I predict the Gills game will be a home sell out for all the reasons stated above.

And even if it doesn't sell out other than maybe Leeds-Bradford and the Nottingham derby, it should be the biggest crowd of the round.

However to counter that we have a brand new stadium for which there are thousands of people (who may normally have no interest in the Albion) wanting to go to at least one game just to see what the ground is like and experience it for themselves.

A game like this is an ideal opportunity for them to be able to get a ticket especially as they will probably find it impossible to get tickets for any league games this season.

I can see it being a sell out (even if i can't make it :( )

You are actually backing up what I am saying in a round about kinda way. Fans will have difficulty in getting games at Falmer in the league this year. The points earned from this would put them ahead of others..... simples

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
You are actually backing up what I am saying in a round about kinda way. Fans will have difficulty in getting games at Falmer in the league this year. The points earned from this would put them ahead of others..... simples

Not really, the crowd is more likely to have more curious onlookers than other games this season meaning we are more likely to sell out so why offer an incentive? Offering this incentive could also backfire and mean long term fans who can't make the game for whatever reason are suddenly further down the queue, possibly creating resentment towards the club if the curious onlookers then decide that they would fancy going to the first ever league game because it is just that, a piece of history rather than any loyalty to the club and benefit in achieving this because of those few loyalty points counting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here