Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three years in jail for posting on facebook.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
It is mental ruling by the judge but the guilty bloke is from Southampton so meh

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Absolutely shocking. It doesn't show all messages, but this is sickening:

Judge Gary Burrell accepted the posts did not lead to violence but said the sentence would be a deterrent.

A deterrent, really? How many people on twitter are deterred from writing racist comments after that kid got put away in Wales? You still see the place is rife with racist and homophobic comments. It was a stupid thing to say, granted, and he seems remorseful, so slap him on the wrist, give him some community service and be done with it.

Spend your time on proper crime like TAX EVASION or finding my stolen wallet!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Intentionally encouraging or assisting an offence
Section 44 creates the crime of:
Doing an act capable of encouraging or assisting the commission of an offence; and
Intending to encourage or assist its commission.
A person is not taken to have intended to encourage or assist an offence merely because such encouragement or assistance was a foreseeable consequence of his act. The offence is triable in the same manner, summarily or on indictment, as the anticipated offence (s.55(1)) and, on conviction, a person can be sentenced to the same penalty as applies to the anticipated offence

Serious Crime Act 2007 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's the same as chatting about bombs at an airport innit.
It is now.

Although this aspect may well have earned him at least 18 months.

He made three posts on his personal page of the social networking site on 9 August, two urging others to attack the police and Muslims.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
'When told to shut up by a friend, the 21-year-old replied: ''LOL (laugh out loud) - do a few coppers in.'' Southampton Crown Court heard how he then made another post encouraging an attack on Muslim people.'

ah...beat me to it....

The idiot made his bed.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
'
The idiot made his bed.

There definitely IS an element of that here, though the sentence is harsh (I'm sure he'll be out in a year, if that). He didn't have to write what he did, did he? He chose to though.

The police one is weird though, he does post LOL after all. Surely that couldn't have been taken too seriously.

It's a new age now.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Judicial

Mafia

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
There definitely IS an element of that here, though the sentence is harsh (I'm sure he'll be out in a year, if that). He didn't have to write what he did, did he? He chose to though.

The police one is weird though, he does post LOL after all. Surely that couldn't have been taken too seriously.

It's a new age now.

I trawl the various EDL FB pages as they are fairly hilarious mostly, but theres been several nitwits who have posted vile racist crap, and threats of violence, then have been surprised to see the police turn up on their front door at 5 in the morning and haul them off to be charged, and in a few cases jailed.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Where do you draw the line though? What about some nutter on a football forum threatening violence against supporters of a rival club?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Can't argue with the fact it's a little harsh but perhaps it will make people think before posting shite through social netoworking sites. No sympathy for this bloke from me, my sympathy is with the countless people who lost money and their livelyhoods at the hands of scumbags.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Intentionally encouraging or assisting an offence
Section 44 creates the crime of:
Doing an act capable of encouraging or assisting the commission of an offence; and
Intending to encourage or assist its commission.
A person is not taken to have intended to encourage or assist an offence merely because such encouragement or assistance was a foreseeable consequence of his act. The offence is triable in the same manner, summarily or on indictment, as the anticipated offence (s.55(1)) and, on conviction, a person can be sentenced to the same penalty as applies to the anticipated offence

Serious Crime Act 2007 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OH for fucks sake do put a f***ing sock in it you boring f***ing drone

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I trawl the various EDL FB pages because I am a sad bastard trying to curry favour with my much younger muslim girlfriend who will dump me as soon i stop paying for her, but theres been several nitwits who have posted vile racist crap, and threats of violence, then have been surprised to see the police turn up on their front door at 5 in the morning and haul them off to be charged, and in a few cases jailed.

EFA.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Says the grief tourist.

Had any more pseudo grief sessions over people you have never met, but were in the same regiment 30 years after you, but want the world to feel for you?

Did the EDL reference hurt? I bet your one of those CxF walts arent you.

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Bit of a joke really, I'm not sure how you can justify locking someone up for a victimless "crime" like this one.

Every time we have one of these threads the "I've never done anything wrong" brigade come on here and say he deserved it, but I think people underestimate the severity of a prison sentence.

The way I see it, someone's life has been ruined and we will all now have to pay for him to be kept in prison and probably on benefits when he struggles to get a job when he gets out. It didn't need to happen like this, if there was ever a case for a slap on the wrist and don't do it again - this is it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Outrageous sentence. Moronic comments to put on Facebook but sending him to prison is way over the top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here