Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Threads stopping half way..?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Anyone else having problems with threads stopping half way through replies? Seems to get stuck on the new social media icons. If I refresh a few times I might get lucky and have the whole thread load.

I'm sure it's probably a problem my end, but thought I'd check...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
When I get this it is usually due to waiting for Googleadds or skimresources. There are some known 'bugs' with Googleads (based on the size of the ads being served I think) and Firefox.

If you tell Firefox to render this using IE it seems to get a bit better.

Sajerz

Feb 6, 2008
Leamington
Had this problem also but after about 10 seconds google adds hijacked the tab so I had to cancel it loading in order to read the half thread. This was on ie on a Mac a couple of days ago.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Can't even get to the bottom of this page despite refreshing over 30 times.

This is what happens:

nscproblem1.jpg

The last thing I want to do is tell Firefox to start acting like IE :lol:

I'll check for updates...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
has to be said that is very annoying , but it's easy to fix!! - you do it by pre

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll turn the social networking link-up off for a while. Let me know if this resolves it - I'm doubting it as on your screenshot that stuff has already been rendered.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I'll turn the social networking link-up off for a while. Let me know if this resolves it - I'm doubting it as on your screenshot that stuff has already been rendered.

Yep. Whatever you have done has fixed it.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The new icons were overlapping the first line of text on the post on my screen, doesn't seem to be the case on Sam's screenshot though. It did also seem a bit slower to load but that may have been down to other issues on my computer

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Are they two separate plugins? If so, I'm going to suggest there is a conflict between the two.

Don't be fooled by the fact the 'follow' image and @XXXX appear, because after that about 5 external javascript files are included. So whilst the image and text is easy enough to render, there must be a problem in one of those JS files.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The new icons were overlapping the first line of text on the post on my screen, doesn't seem to be the case on Sam's screenshot though. It did also seem a bit slower to load but that may have been down to other issues on my computer

Didn't on mine either (or I wouldn't have left them there). What browser/OS are you using?

Seems to have been a bit flakey, regardless, so I'll leave it off for now and look for something else.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Didn't on mine either (or I wouldn't have left them there). What browser/OS are you using?

Seems to have been a bit flakey, regardless, so I'll leave it off for now and look for something else.

IE 8, not sure which version of Windows to be honest :)blush:) not sure how to check either?! It was only obscuring the top part of the words so it was still readable just a little annoying.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are they two separate plugins? If so, I'm going to suggest there is a conflict between the two.

Don't be fooled by the fact the 'follow' image and @XXXX appear, because after that about 5 external javascript files are included. So whilst the image and text is easy enough to render, there must be a problem in one of those JS files.

I wasn't talking about the Follow bit, but the Tweet, Like and +1 at the very top of the thread. It's that which is turned off now.

The Twitter account hookup displayed under usernames is separate, yes, although it's not a plugin as such, it calls the standard Twitter API.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I wasn't talking about the Follow bit, but the Tweet, Like and +1 at the very top of the thread. It's that which is turned off now.

The Twitter account hookup displayed under usernames is separate, yes, although it's not a plugin as such, it calls the standard Twitter API.

Sure, I get that. But as the page was stopping at the point of the 'Follow @' on the left hand side, this is what was failing. One of the JS files straight after that. But as you've taken away the JS file that it was conflicting with, all is hunky dory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here