Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thoughts on Craig Noone?

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
What is this bullshit about nice to have around the dressing room? Seems like a nice chap, but no of the people replying have ever been in a dressing room with him so I dont know where they get that shit from!

I thought that too, but it's known that he's a chirpy cheerful fellow so I suppose there's that legend surrounding him.
It would be hard to imagine his temperament not being an asset though, he's clearly bouyant to the fans at the least.
When things are intense and chips are down - fortune not smiling - a sterner seriousness is required, and down-home aggression might be needed on that moment.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Summary about right. He is left footed and his long range shooting with his right foot which is not up to scratch. The fee last January was reported at £1.2 million. We will miss him when we get our next injury crisis. I do not think any fans are surprised at this turn of events.

I am, watching the Swindon game I thought we had lost the chance to cash in on him! lol

He is far too inconsistent for me, but a great guy.

I am a bit surprised he is off, I thought he was really happy with us, and the Palarse car stunt - well!

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I for one am gutted. Offers something different to anything I've seen in this division.

OK his final ball is currently holding him back, but he's a winger and by definition he's inconsistent. However for me this is the only area he's inconsistent with.

He is a real crowd lifter and love by all a BHA. He'll be a massive miss both on the field and in the dressing room.

He's a real nice guy, humble and so appreciative of what he does!

I'll say it again..... GUTTED

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Positives - Has great feet and can be a match winner on his day. One of the most talented ball players we have.

Negatives - as with a majority of wingers, he is only as good as the full back behind him.

Doesn't score as many as goals as he should for an attacking player with the freedom to roam, which is how Gus has played him and only rarely has any end product.

I would have Nooney in the team over Bellamy but he is no where near as good as Whittingham for you.

Your fans will LOVE him!

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I am, watching the Swindon game I thought we had lost the chance to cash in on him! lol

He is far too inconsistent for me, but a great guy.

I am a bit surprised he is off, I thought he was really happy with us, and the Palarse car stunt - well!

I agree, but some people on here seem to think they run around the dressing room with him slapping eachother with wet towels ona weekly basis.
Sure he is a nice chap but GREAT TO HAVE AROUND THE DRESSING ROOM. What utter shit. As if we know what he is like.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Really sad to see him go,great player and with some work on his crossing will be very good for you,I just hope we have a decent replacement lined up.will hopefully get a good well deserved reception when we play you.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Freely admit I've never been his biggest fan, flatters to decieve far too often, can create a chance for himself but will then go on to waste it on a regular basis, if we can get a million quid for him then I definitely think we are getting the best of the deal.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I always get the impression that Noone is simply overjoyed to wake up each morning and realise he plays football for a living.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Nice lad, but mazy runs with no end product are pointless. I thought we'd missed the boat when we turned down Cardiff in January.

I hope he does well (not against us) but I'd rather the money to invest in someone else.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Nice lad, but mazy runs with no end product are pointless. I thought we'd missed the boat when we turned down Cardiff in January.

I hope he does well (not against us) but I'd rather the money to invest in someone else.

Couldn't of said it better. Real joker, great attitude and I will miss him but like others have said, there isn't much end product. Wish him all the best though.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
With a fully fit squad to pick from he is fourth choice behind Lua Lua, Buckley and Vicente. This is a fact in my opinion. Final ball lets him down, can go missing, take the money and run!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Deal will definitely be at least £1.5m off the bat. We turned down just over £1m in January and he has signed a new contract since then

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I would hate for Nooney to leave. He is a great player to watch and he will continue to improve. In his last two games it was the best he has looked for half a year. If I were to see a winger go, I would hope it would be LuaLua, as his recurring injury seems to sop us getting the best out of him. And there is no doubt that Noone is good for the squad where morale is concerned .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Genuine question. Does anyone think Craig Noone could do it in the Premiership?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Will forever be grateful for him setting up the Buckley winner against Donny, but if anything THAT sums up why we can let him go.

Buckley and KLL will BURST on past the defence and produce end product. Sadly Craig couldn't do it very often.

I didnt want him to go but the offer sounded far too good to refuse and it's understandable why he wants to move further up the country and especially on the wages Cardiff are probably willing to offer him.

Good deal all round.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I think there has been a lot of harsh comments about Noone. This season he is vastly improved, his crossing / distribution has been good and he has linked up better with CMS. He has been given the role of taking corners which have been in general quality. I do agree that his shooting is the weak part of his game.

The one plus mark that Noone has over Buckley and KLL is fitness and availability.

Unless we sign better it's a sad day to let Nooney go.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I think there has been a lot of harsh comments about Noone. This season he is vastly improved, his crossing / distribution has been good and he has linked up better with CMS. He has been given the role of taking corners which have been in general quality. I do agree that his shooting is the weak part of his game.

The one plus mark that Noone has over Buckley and KLL is fitness and availability.

Unless we sign better it's a sad day to let Nooney go.

Agreed.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Gutted to see him leave, a really nice lad. I already think Cardiff have the best squad in the division and adding Nooney will only make them stronger

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here