Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thompson on the radar of St. Mirren.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Apparently..

Seagull On Radar Of Gus At Saints (from Evening Times)</title>

ST MIRREN boss Gus MacPherson wants to sign Brighton midfielder Steven Thomson in January.

Mac tried to sign the 30-year-old back in August but was unable to tempt the former Falkirk skipper to Love Street.

However, that has not stopped the Paisley gaffer from keeping tabs on Thommo and now he is keen to test Seagulls boss Micky Adams' resolve to keep the 30-year-old at the League One club.

Buddies star and Thomson's former Bairns team-mate Jack Ross has been enlisted by MacPherson to smooth the way for a switch to Saints.
advertisement

Meanwhile, St Mirren today confirmed their new home will be named St Mirren Park. The 8,000-seater stadium on Greenhill Road opens on January 31 and replaces Love Street, where the club have played since 1894.

Buddies chairman Stewart Gilmour said: "It was thought in some quarters that a different name would highlight both stadiums in the annals of football history but the stadium we are leaving will always be known as Love Street.

"So we felt that to carry on the proper name of St Mirren Park would still keep us associated with our former home, while at the same time taking us forward into the next era of St Mirren Football Club."

Gilmour also confirmed First Minister Alex Salmond will unveil a plaque at the new stadium for the first game against Kilmarnock on January 31.

Elsewhere, Hamilton striker Richard Offiong has signed a contract extension with the club until summer 2010.

Ex-Aberdeen forward Robbie Winters is training with Accies but is still interesting

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wouldn't be a great loss would he. If we can get a reasonable fee for him, I say SELL.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
İbrahim Tatlıses;2712067 said:
Sell, sell, sell!

30 years old & has looked far from special. Our season is OVER time to take out the trash and start consolidating for next season.

And if we sell him, it'll make room for Adams' first choice central midfield pairing, Virgo and Matt Richards.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
St Mirren will sooon have quite a bit of dosh to spend. They sold Love Street for £15m to Asda and that deal included a new stadium being built for them.

Terminator1

Oct 4, 2008
thomson

I agree with the previous posts. We need to start offloading some players that are not quite good enough. I expected more from Thomson and having seen him on five or six occasions I'm not that impressed, he does not seem to ever dominate the midfield and has a distinct lack of pace, I'd rather get him off the wage bill and take a gamble on another midfielder.
The other midfielder I'm really not sure about is Livermore (now injured) and what about Mcleod, these players really should have produced more by now.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sell him so we can try to recapture Hammond back.

Last edited:

Terminator1

Oct 4, 2008
Is Hammond better than Thomson - Yes. It's not rocket science.
We need to identify hungry young players to this club now, looking forward to the transfer window. It's time for Micky and the board to maybe be cruel to be kind in offloading two or three players.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've enjoyed his performances, in the games I've seen this season he's been one of the better players. Would be a big hole to fill in central midfield and unless we have a replacement lined up I wouldn't want to see him go.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I've enjoyed his performances, in the games I've seen this season he's been one of the better players. Would be a big hole to fill in central midfield and unless we have a replacement lined up I wouldn't want to see him go.

I have not seen anything from Thomson that Tommy Frazer can't equal. Must add that I am not a fan of either player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here