Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This summer’s squad rebuild

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
it’s about as expected - if we get Ferdi & O’Riley as well for the numbers quoted it’s surpassed expectations.

More surprised we haven’t had more outgoings yet

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So we were so cut up about Adam Lallana walking out that we spent a huge amount of money to improve our appearance?

We’re now the divorced dad of the PL.

Did anyone honestly see a rebuild of this magnitude, scale and expense happening this summer?
Not after the last two windows 🤣 Can anyone make sense of the famine to feast strategy. I’m going to be a bit basic and say it’s the club tacitly admitting that not enough was ventured before

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Dewsbury-Hall going to Chelsea seems a long time ago.

PSR rules biting is really helping. Mitoma possibly too expensive to buy from us, Minteh ends up here as Newcastle have to sell and TB seizing the opportunity..

It's mad just watching Buonotte on loan to Leicester who won the league and cup not so long ago yet can't get a game here.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
It's absolutely f***ing mental.

It goes against everything we thought we knew about how this football club operates.

I have absolute faith that the club knows what they're doing, and then some.

It feels as if the club is not settling for being just any old established mid-table Premier League club. We are taking the model of signing young talent and selling them for profit, and injecting steroids into it. Our football team could well be worth a billion quid by now.

It's quite clear that TB and PB are trying to make us into a big, I mean actually big, club. The transfers, the PR, the marketing, the business model.

I can see us qualifying for Europe again. And possibly again, and again, and again.

We have a world class chairman, absolutely world class. Our football club is so well run, and apparently so ambitious, that it's f***ing insane.

The journey is going to be absolutely wild.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Yes to all of those three.

The extent and cost matches what I thought was going to happen, but the balance has been a lot different from what I thought: we've signed two-three more attacking midfielders/wingers than I expected while also signing two-three fewer defenders than I expected. Kind of balances it out.

Could be another answer in just a few days though!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
No although I think the squad needed it to start being competitive again and not be dragged down to relegation scraps.

Didn't expect us to spend so much in the attacking third though, thought we needed to splash some cash on our defence first and foremost.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good to see but out of interest, where do we stand with home grown players? Steele, Welbeck, Hinshelwood, Dunk, March, Webster, Milner, Ferguson, Lamptey. Currently Gilmour but that's looking less likely. I believe we need to name 8 HGPs in the 25 but youngsters don't need to be included in that 25!

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
It's absolutely f***ing mental.

It goes against everything we thought we knew about how this football club operates.

I have absolute faith that the club knows what they're doing, and then some.

It feels as if the club is not settling for being just any old established mid-table Premier League club. We are taking the model of signing young talent and selling them for profit, and injecting steroids into it. Our football team could well be worth a billion quid by now.

It's quite clear that TB and PB are trying to make us into a big, I mean actually big, club. The transfers, the PR, the marketing, the business model.

I can see us qualifying for Europe again. And possibly again, and again, and again.

We have a world class chairman, absolutely world class. Our football club is so well run, and apparently so ambitious, that it's f***ing insane.

The journey is going to be absolutely wild.
I’ll put your ‘Albion Mojo’ down as a 6/10.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here