Hooters
a4b44739.jpg

:jester:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Why not make it a sticky with the title "For all Visiting Palace Fans"

Attila's pome (from http://www.attilathestockbroker.com/footpoem.html

N-N-N-NINE NIL (The Paul Hardcastle Remix)

Tuesday September 8th 1989 began like any other day in the footballing calendar, with newly-discovered Team of the 80s, Crystal Palace, travelling to Anfield to test their Colditz-like defensive qualities and mesmerising attacking skills against the sacrificial lemmings of Liverpool. Now football is a funny game, as the utterly retarded cliche goes, and on this particular evening it proved to be a very funny game indeed, in fact a positively hilarious, side-splittingly humourous one, even more mirth-inducing than David Beckham trying to define existentialism or Bill Archer attempting coitus with a paper-shredding machine. For while Palace's much-feared rivals Brighton and Hove Albion were thrashing Wolverhampton Wanderers 4-2, at Anfield the final score was Liverpool 9, Crystal Palace 0. Liverpool 9, Crystal Palace 0. N-n-n-nine nil, nine nil. N-n-n-nine nil, nine nil. And following those fateful n-n-n-ninety minutes on that hilarious Tuesday night the hapless halibuts from Selhurst Park were subjected to fierce and merciless ridicule from the rest of the football world and many of them are still living out their experiences to this day. Even now the South London branch of the Samaritans receive mysterious phone calls where the only audible sounds are donkey-like voices braying bewilderedly 'Nine nil. N-n-n-nine nil. Ee-aw! Nine nil. N-n-n-nine nil. Ee-aw! And when the Palace players got home, obviously in need of moral support and counselling following their torrid n-n-n-nine nil experience, none of them received a hero's welcome. None of them. None of them received a hero's welcome. N-n-n-none of them. The long term effects of such an unbelievable n-n-n-nine nil annihilation are hard to predict, but it seems likely that many of the Crystal Palace squad may have been be so demoralised that they may have been forced to leave professional football and sign on. S-s-s-sign on. Sign on. S-s-s-sign on. S-s-s-sign on, sign on. S-s-s-sign on, sign on. A worse fate even than this may well have befallen the Palace goalkeeper Perry Suckling, a man who, rather like the Queen Mother, wears gloves for no apparent reason, for his intense feelings of humiliation may well have led him to emigrate, and sign on in Vietnam. V-v-v-Vietnam. S-s-s-sign on. V-v-v-Vietnam. S-s-s-sign on...........(repeat ad nauseam)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
lincs seagull said:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

roll on arsenal

I know I'm going to be laughed out of town for this but:-

If the Gooners remain undefeated, until 06.11.
& the scum still can't string 2 passes together, let alone a win.

I can't help thinking they'll turn Arsenal over.
I know not why, I need help.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Stst Brother said:

i know - it would just be so bloody ironic if palace beat arsenal, but i have a feeling

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
We'd just stuffed Wolves 4-2 at Molonieux and were shuffling out when the result was read out on the tannoy

Made Stevie Coppel pull his hair out

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I was in the Event that night, drunk out of my tiny mind. I bumped into a mate who told me the scores and i just laughed at him, thinking he was winding me up.

My brutal hangover was softened somewhat by the back page of the paper the next day!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Stst Brother said:

Was saying just this at work today. It will be a crap team like Palace or Norwich that end the run.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wardywonderland said:
Was saying just this at work today. It will be a crap team like Palace or Norwich that end the run.

woow I'm truely amazed.
I really did think I was the only one crazy enough to come to that conclusion, & now there's 3 of us!.

At least it's got more chance than one of GG's tips.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here