Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This moving seats , why not ignore it

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I don't know the full ins and outs but why worry about it, can't you just keep your seat ? I don't understand why a family stand is needed in a seated stadium anyway as you can't get crushed. Yes the language might be colourful but me and all my mates were brought up following the Albion listening to awful language, we just knew that was what happened at football and was not to be repeated elsewhere. We all turned out well

Is it really a problem ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No it isnt that bad.

I personsally say you shouldnt go to a football match if you dont want to head bad language. Prawn sandwich eaters can f*** right off.

Also the view from the old away/family stand is not actually that bad having sat there a few times in the old Div 2.

But I would be mightily pissed off if I had a season ticket for the south stand and now being asked to move.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
They aren't actually being asked to move though are they ?

They can keep their present seats but have to pay a higher price, no-one is holding a gun at their head.

I can honestly understand their annoyance but the club have to make more money, and traditionally the family sections at grounds do tend to be in the worst areas view wise

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
blockhseagull said:
They aren't actually being asked to move though are they ?

They can keep their present seats but have to pay a higher price, no-one is holding a gun at their head.

I can honestly understand their annoyance but the club have to make more money, and traditionally the family sections at grounds do tend to be in the worst areas view wise

Hypothetically, if the club said to you, who presumably sit in Block H that we are stone broke and we are increasing your seat price by say £200 a year, would you just send them a cheque?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Dies Irae said:
Hypothetically, if the club said to you, who presumably sit in Block H that we are stone broke and we are increasing your seat price by say £200 a year, would you just send them a cheque?

But if he wants to move he can pay the same !!!!

If he doesn't he has to cough up...simple as that

Not saying i 100% agree with it, but the club have to raise revenue somehow

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think his point is that he doesn't want to move and the club have dictated to him that to stay in that seat he must pay x amount extra.

I appreciate that we must make money, but this seems somewhat arbitary.

There was a very strong rumour that they were going to make the old away stand the singing section, but the people from the club who asked the question of a few of us were told politely to go forth and pro-create.

You say the kiddies section usually has the worst view....not so! Reading, Palace, Swindon, etc al have excellent kiddies sections ( I used to travel with the Junior Seagulls so can confirm this)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Dies Irae said:
I think his point is that he doesn't want to move and the club have dictated to him that to stay in that seat he must pay x amount extra.

I appreciate that we must make money, but this seems somewhat arbitary.

There was a very strong rumour that they were going to make the old away stand the singing section, but the people from the club who asked the question of a few of us were told politely to go forth and pro-create.

You say the kiddies section usually has the worst view....not so! Reading, Palace, Swindon, etc al have excellent kiddies sections ( I used to travel with the Junior Seagulls so can confirm this)

But the club have to make a rule that includes all...if they are offering kid for a quid and calling the old away end the family section how can someone sit somewhere else and pay family rates.

To me if you are getting big concessions you have to sit in places that have the poorer views.... would you ask someone to sit in the old away stand and pay more than someone in the current family stand

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
blockhseagull said:
But the club have to make a rule that includes all...if they are offering kid for a quid and calling the old away end the family section how can someone sit somewhere else and pay family rates.

To me if you are getting big concessions you have to sit in places that have the poorer views.... would you ask someone to sit in the old away stand and pay more than someone in the current family stand

I understand your point, and to a certain degree not disagreeing with it.

What I am saying is this has been done without any discussion with the people it affects.

Is it a million miles away from Bellotti closing the underneath of the West Stand without telling anyone?

I thought we had all pulled together to get rid of dictatorial regimes, not to have one replace it.

That was all.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Dies Irae said:
I understand your point, and to a certain degree not disagreeing with it.

What I am saying is this has been done without any discussion with the people it affects.

Is it a million miles away from Bellotti closing the underneath of the West Stand without telling anyone?

I thought we had all pulled together to get rid of dictatorial regimes, not to have one replace it.

That was all.

I'm not disagreeing with you either, i do believe the club should have made some kind of gesture or contact with those currently in those seats..... not just let the information hit the doormat with the renewal form.

I suppose the club will always be there to be knocked by certain people at one time or another, i do feel though that 9 times out of 10 they make the right decisions but maybe in this case have not gone about it in the correct manner, does make you smile when you consider Knight is a PR man that they would make mistakes like this

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
quite - granted that was a long time ago now.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I'm not sitting here:

Attachments

• 32408271298.jpg
    32408271298.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 211

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
that is a brilliant view

You ungrateful bastard

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what goal?

Anyone remember Leicester a few seasons ago when the fog came down...one night...they scored and no-one realised until their players ran the full length of the pitch to jump up and down in front of them.

One player was miming how he scored...:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Get back to recovering some AS/400s and stop interfeering in things that dont concern rich IT men that can afford to sit in the centre blocks....................................

Heard anything yet about.....you know what ?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BobbySmith said:
Get back to recovering some AS/400s and stop interfeering in things that dont concern rich IT men that can afford to sit in the centre blocks....................................

Heard anything yet about.....you know what ?

No I haven't........you?

It is very quiet on the email front.

Centre Blocks? I squat in the H block mate. the view from there is not that brilliant.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
FalmerforAll!** said:
I'm not sitting here:
I cant see anything wrong with the view from there and with additional seating in place for next season surely you would get the choice of sitting more centrally behind the goal. It's all about perspective - you get used to watching from the same seat and it becomes your comfort zone. At Withdean we have sat in Block H and also Blocks A & B due to ticket availability but my first choice, personally, is to watch from behind the goal. At the Goldstone I have sat in the West stand , stood on the Chicken Run , South Stand and North Stand but to me the ideal spot was at the back of the North Stand behind the goal. At the end of the day you are watching the Albion and thats the bottom line.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
The bottom line is,some of us cannot afford to pay the extra money that the club want for us to sit in an awful stand and not be able to see the match.They are calling it a nice family atmosphere!Why the hell would we want to be taken from our seats so some other people who are under ten can watch the match from a better view than us and then say,at least it was a good family atmosphere?All the same,we are all supporting the club here and I will try and do more away games now I cannot go to the home ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here