Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Morning's Petitioning

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I got 4 pages of signatures and chatted to a few people whilst handing out leaflets.
Ned had already got a page signed at work so that was 5 pages (15 sigs to a page?) handed in today.

Those who took leaflets did ask questions and I was able to give out some facts. One lady said it shouldnt be at Falmer because of the cars but should be at Sheepcote Valley. I pointed out to her that I could get a train to Falmer but would have to drive through Peacehaven (where she lived) to get to SV. She said the train would be too expensive for lots of people to use it. I explained that it was included in the ticket. She was then persuaded.

Huffkins the bakers took a load of leaflets and had them on their counter and also had a petition in the shop for customers. Another shopkeeper came and took some leaflets off me as he had a petition in there as well.

One elderly lady summed it up for me. She said she had rung LDC several times about street lights being out in her road but they had ignored her. 'They can find time to fight a football stadium which is going to be good for the youngsters', she said (bless her cotton socks) She signed the petition.

I would say the comments were 70/30 in favour of the stadium.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Well Done Yorkie :clap2:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
it's interesting to note that 70% seems to be the number not in favour of LDC's actions-whether it's an Argus poll or from those out there collecting signatures.

If we had enough time and enough bodies I'm sure that that number could be increased simply by providing the uninformed with the truth and facts.

Excellent work by everybody who have made the effort to collect signatures:clap: :clap: :clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is looking very ominous for the Lewes District Council.

Is there a way of enforcing a no-confidence vote ?

jessica mepham

Aug 23, 2005
newhaven
We got 3 pages of signatures,and even managed to get 2 palace fans to sign!Everyone we asked were going made at Lewes council and couldnt believe what they were doing!Only had 4 people refuse to sign, could off got alot more but it started to rain!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i got 15 sheets, 225 sigs. strength of feeling is high.........and from people who couldnt give a toss about football!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here