Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This money we MAY have to spend in January

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You know I cant help recall the Blackadder Three episode:

(Knight) Edmund: So what would you do if I gave you a thousand pounds?

(Adams) Baldrick: I'd get a little turnip of my own.

(Knight) Edmund: So what would you do if I gave you a million pounds?

(Adams) Baldrick: Oh, that's different. I'd get a great big turnip in the country.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
We have Thornton, Johnson, Richards, Fleetwood and Anyinsah all going back to their clubs.

So that is room for 5 more loans, and the signing of Richards, and probably Fleetwood because he has been rubbish.

And there will be the "we almost signed Craig Mackail-Smith" type story in the Argus, before we sign some prolific striker from the Irish top flight and some guy who used to play for PSG 7 years ago.

So no, not at the moment

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We have Thornton, Johnson, Richards, Fleetwood and Anyinsah all going back to their clubs.

So that is room for 5 more loans, and the signing of Richards, and probably Fleetwood because he has been rubbish.

And there will be the "we almost signed Craig Mackail-Smith" type story in the Argus, before we sign some prolific striker from the Irish top flight and some guy who used to play for PSG 7 years ago.

So no, not at the moment

Thats the problem though innit. Never mind luck. Never mind the weather. Never mind being up against six-footers. For me its the loan signings. FAR too many of them.

Less than half the season gone, and we've already had or got Savage, Anyinsah, Johnson, Thornton and Fleetwood in and out of the side. I won't include Richards as he is a more long-term fixture, but the rest are just passing through. The midfield is a complete MESS.

Injuries and suspensions are one thing, but Adams is creating his own problems because he's never come close to putting out a settled side, and as a result, he really has no idea what his strongest XI is. And the word is he's looking to bring even MORE players in ?? What happened to focussing on putting out a settled team, and working hard on making the best of what we've got ?

Loan signings should be there to cover one or two gaps in the squad in order to supplement what we've already got - its absolutely NOT a basis to build an entire team on. It seems to me that Adams just wants to bring in several players, primarily midfielders, who are already supposedly the "finished article" from somewhere, throw them into the side, and then hope it all clicks. Instead of doing what he SHOULD be here for, which is working hard with the youngsters and the guys who are under contract in order to mould a team. Adams is relying on loans as a quick fix, and it clearly ain't working.

The problem is further excaberated by the fact he cannot leave the back 4 alone from one game to the next, and shoves Virgo all over the shop according to whether or not Hawkins or Whing have done something shit lately. Its not exacly a MYSTERY why we're so feckin' inconsistant is it Micky ?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Agree with you Easy10, we have had 6 loans so far, I was worried when Adams said he wants more. We could get to 10 I reckon this year, which should be against the rules.

Last season, apart from the strikers and keeper, we could field a competitive team of youth team products. To take us that next step we needed to sign a couple of experienced players.

I honestly thought Adams did that when we signed Virgo, McLeod and Livermore, and I looked into the season thinking we could be a force to be reckoned with.

It seems to have fallen apart, and the quick fix, 6 loanees, of which I would say Thornton was the best, but even then Adams dropped him for most of the time he was here.

As for spending money now. We need another striker, we need to sign someone like Bradley Johnson, as we had too many defensive central midfielders and playing 2 together in the middle is killing our attacks.

Competition for Whind and Richards would be ideal too, but less important than a striker and midfielder

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else not trust Adams to spend it properly?

No, but if he did Knight would take the credit for having spotted them :)

He can't get his loanees to perform consistently why should he be trusted to be able to do better with permanents?

Personally, and I know this is sacrilege to some, I'd rather spend any money we can raise in getting shot of Adams and take our chances with finding someone who could struggle on with what we've got and a few loanees. I have totally lost what little faith I had in Adams.

Last edited:

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Thats the problem though innit. Never mind luck. Never mind the weather. Never mind being up against six-footers. For me its the loan signings. FAR too many of them.

Less than half the season gone, and we've already had or got Savage, Anyinsah, Johnson, Thornton and Fleetwood in and out of the side. I won't include Richards as he is a more long-term fixture, but the rest are just passing through. The midfield is a complete MESS.

Injuries and suspensions are one thing, but Adams is creating his own problems because he's never come close to putting out a settled side, and as a result, he really has no idea what his strongest XI is. And the word is he's looking to bring even MORE players in ?? What happened to focussing on putting out a settled team, and working hard on making the best of what we've got ?

Loan signings should be there to cover one or two gaps in the squad in order to supplement what we've already got - its absolutely NOT a basis to build an entire team on. It seems to me that Adams just wants to bring in several players, primarily midfielders, who are already supposedly the "finished article" from somewhere, throw them into the side, and then hope it all clicks. Instead of doing what he SHOULD be here for, which is working hard with the youngsters and the guys who are under contract in order to mould a team. Adams is relying on loans as a quick fix, and it clearly ain't working.

The problem is further excaberated by the fact he cannot leave the back 4 alone from one game to the next, and shoves Virgo all over the shop according to whether or not Hawkins or Whing have done something shit lately. Its not exacly a MYSTERY why we're so feckin' inconsistant is it Micky ?

Toatally agree Easy.....not a mystery at all, you pretty much covered it all....plus the fact he cant seem to play anyone in their correct position.....what the f*** has happened to the Mickey Adams of 2001...this team on paper has some very good players but Mickey is turning them into a complete shambles of a team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here