Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This just in !

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I like how no Southampton players/staff can be magnanimous in defeat and just congratulate us, oh well :laugh:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
How many more times am I going to have to read "we had 5 players vs their 3" who gives a rats arse, and so friggin what?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
How many more times am I going to have to read "we had 5 players vs their 3" who gives a rats arse, and so friggin what?

Every time I read that, I just think to myself "we have 93 points vs their 77" :thumbsup:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Every time I read that, I just think to myself "we have 93 points vs their 77" :thumbsup:

Well 80 with their game in hand ... oh wait

.... Saturday it'll be 96 vs 77

Really does my head in these so called professionals ... how good would it be to say "hats off to them, they've led from the front pretty well throughout and have done magnificently, our job now is to clinch 2nd"

Wanchors

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Dan Harding claims Southampton had it tougher than champions Brighton this season as the teams prepare for Saturday.

The Seagulls have already sealed the League One title while Saints are currently in the second automatic promotion spot, level on points with Huddersfield but with a game in hand.

Harding was one of five Saints players named in the division's team of the year last weekend, compared with just three from Brighton.

The left-back, who began his career with the Seagulls, admits his old club are worthy champions but says Southampton have suffered from being a bigger scalp.

"They have had a fantastic season and all credit to them. They have done really well and deserve to be where they are," he said.

"But it also shows that when people play Southampton maybe they think they have to step up that extra 10 or 20% making our games harder, which is something we have had to live with this season. Hopefully we can get over the finish line."

The two teams square up at Withdean Stadium on Saturday.

But aren't Saints 10/20% better than all the other clubs? So that cancels that out? I'm confused :facepalm:

What an absolute load of golly from our old Dan.

We have been top since Sept 25th or something and therefore have had to have teams shoot at us as the league leaders for 80% of the season.

Such a load of 'we are a big club' baloney. They aren't and I hope Huddersfield pip them and Rochdale get the other place.

Uberfud Harding

TNBA

TTF

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Rousing renditions of "Stayed with a big club, you should have stayed with a big club" every time Harding or Hammond go near the ball I think.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't worry, be safe in the knowledge that you little rivalry will never be anywhere near as big as ours.

Comparing rivalries; you really are scraping the barrel now! :)

We won promotion with 5 games to spare, and the L1 title with 4... look at the table, accept it...

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Rousing renditions of "Stayed with a big club, you should have stayed with a big club" every time Harding or Hammond go near the ball I think.

No, I don't want them to have stayed with us. We are better with off without them and neither would get in our current team.

More like " I'm glad you left for a sh.. club, left for a sh.. club"

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
SCC the comedy gift that keeps on giving, hilarious. Their raging sense of injustice at the league table is just too funny for words. I for one refuse to be apologetic about being delighted if we can win tomorrow. It will be highly amusing if an on the beach title winning side can put their promotion chasing opponents to the sword.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
terrier09 (Huddersfield Town): come on brighton show them why you have stormed this league, the saints lot have a total disrespect for any other team they think there bigger than everyone. im going for a 3-0 win to brighton,im looking forward to our promotion party down at your place on your last game at the stadium of trees

See everyone - every club's fans is saying the same

Feb 14, 2010
I finds Southampton about as interesting as Reading or Leicester. At least pompey are interesting and palace, well that's another story. But give it a rest about Southampton they really are of no interest either way. Having said that we owe them for the 70's Spurs match and so I hope they get served their just deserts by us beating them and us losing to Huddersfield this year. After that then its quits and then they really will be of no interest at all.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Did Southampton manage to get 5 players in the PFA L1 squad only because they all voted en bloc and no other club's player was included in their 11 choices for the squad ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Without doubt we have been the biggest scalp this season , top of the table since September , most consistent , most entertaining footballing side , best manager , best overall tactics , etc etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here