Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This here Falmer thing that we are fighting for...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Obviously, I know it’s vital for the club’s future prosperity, nay, survival. We are all familiar with the arguments - we have been preaching them to the masses for months, - bloody hell - years now.

But can we, like, calm down a bit?

It appears anything that isn’t wrapped in glory for the city or the club has the immediate knee-jerk reaction of ‘oh my God, how is this going to affect Falmer?’

IVOR CAPLIN STANDS DOWN AS MP what’s going to happen to Falmer?

BETTING FIRM GOES BUST OMG, how is this going to affect Falmer?

CITY CENTRE FOOTBALL VIOLENCE Oh shit, there goes Falmer...

BRIGHTON FALL TO NEAR RELEGATION ZONE Oh, the NIMBYs are going to love this...

BOB BOOKER FARTS. HUNDREDS IN THE SOUTH STAND MASSACRED Well, we can only hope Norman Baker doesn’t read this.

It kind of grinds me down when I read stuff like this. The Public Inquiry is going to discuss alternative sites - hopefully with the view of dismissing them out of hand, not the suitability of Adam Virgo’s boxing techniques.

For crying out loud, we are winning the argument on Falmer. Prescott wants it to happen - he has said so. There are some things which happen in day to day life are completely irrelevant to the ongoing process. Sure, the decision hangs in the balance, and we want - need - an inspector who is not a complete prat, but can we just have a bit of perspective now and again?

PLEASE.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I think you're playing down the beard shaving incident too much! Where does that leave us now?!?!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm more worried about the Global Warming Activists stating that Everest is under threat due to Glaciers melting and causing water levels to rise to highly dangerous levels......hows THAT gonna affect Falmer? another 2 metres on the tide and we'd all be living with the fishes :eek:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Agreed but all the while the wait goes on it is very easy to become negative.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CrabtreeBHA said:
I'm more worried about the Global Warming Activists stating that Everest is under threat due to Glaciers melting and causing water levels to rise to highly dangerous levels
Why, will it flood his taxi ?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The Large One said:
Obviously, I know it’s vital for the club’s future prosperity, nay, survival. We are all familiar with the arguments - we have been preaching them to the masses for months, - bloody hell - years now.

But can we, like, calm down a bit?

It appears anything that isn’t wrapped in glory for the city or the club has the immediate knee-jerk reaction of ‘oh my God, how is this going to affect Falmer?’

IVOR CAPLIN STANDS DOWN AS MP what’s going to happen to Falmer?

BETTING FIRM GOES BUST OMG, how is this going to affect Falmer?

CITY CENTRE FOOTBALL VIOLENCE Oh shit, there goes Falmer...

BRIGHTON FALL TO NEAR RELEGATION ZONE Oh, the NIMBYs are going to love this...

BOB BOOKER FARTS. HUNDREDS IN THE SOUTH STAND MASSACRED Well, we can only hope Norman Baker doesn’t read this.

It kind of grinds me down when I read stuff like this. The Public Inquiry is going to discuss alternative sites - hopefully with the view of dismissing them out of hand, not the suitability of Adam Virgo’s boxing techniques.

For crying out loud, we are winning the argument on Falmer. Prescott wants it to happen - he has said so. There are some things which happen in day to day life are completely irrelevant to the ongoing process. Sure, the decision hangs in the balance, and we want - need - an inspector who is not a complete prat, but can we just have a bit of perspective now and again?

PLEASE.

Well how is this going to affect Falmer? What were you thinking? Come on explain yourself.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
f*** SAKE, the NIMBYS will be lapping this thread up.

Nice one, BAKER.

danny_baker.jpg

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think that Brighton fans being arrested for hooliganism and one of the main supporters of Falmer announcing he is to stand down are relevant though.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
damn straight! thats exactly how i feel- its like having an elderly

relative on the death bed with each new piece of news seemingly

another nail in the coffin. get over it people it will be what it will

be.

thats not to say that everything we do in support of it is now not

going to make a difference but some people really need to worry

less and try and enjoy some football matches in the process.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I'd missed some of that list... now I'm really worried...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Easy 10 said:
Why, will it flood his taxi ?
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

What with the enquiry (part deux) not opening until next year, there are more important things to consider right now. ie Wrexham. I don't mean put Falmer on hold, but let's help other clubs plights. It's the lower leagues that have the REAL fans (and I'm not talking Madrid).

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Everest said:
:dunce:
I drive a taxi. duh

I did'nt know that!*

*I probably have read it on here somewhere but memory fails me now :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here