Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This fella from Histon

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why did we sign him again? He is from Histon, he surely isn't going to be that good, i'd have just kept Mitch myself, we could have got in another very good player with the aim of signing them in the summer, but instead we have Histons keeper?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He turned down a new contract offer from them in january/february and has been on the loan list since then. They've signed David Knight, a former Middlesbrough trainee who presumably has taken his place.

Personally, I think this is a solid signing. An experienced professional to provide cover for Brezovan. That's all we needed, in the first place. It's a signing to plug a gap, not to create a few headlines.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'm glad to see your more interested in the team than the spelling mistake in my name :facepalm;

Since we are pointing out issues with each other's names, I suppose I should mention that Whing has been shit this season?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if brezovan gets injured, we would be left with two youth keepers to fill in for the rest of the season and no option of signing anyone else. seeing as we are still mathmatically in a relegation battle, that would have been nothing short of a ludicrous situation to put ourselves in

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You can't spell where you live!
lololol at your second point. I won't even justify it.

I'm obviously well aware of where I live and how to spell it, the thing that seems to have flown over several people's heads is the fact that it is a typo.
:wozza:

It's not something that I care about enough to get it changed by Bozza as I think he has more important things to do. So should you.

Last edited:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Christ, It's not half term already is it?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Histon are a small club success story moving up the lower leagues with steady progress over the years, whereas larger clubs like King's Lynn went nowhere. They probably make astute signings.

el_goodo_cufc

Mar 9, 2010
Ahoyhoy, Cambridge United fan here so obviously I know plenty about Histon too. It's what it's like round this way.

Naisbitt's a good keeper but he's not League 1 standard. He's also a total wanker, but that's by the by. If you've signed him as a standin #1 whilst Kuipers is out then...well, you're idiots. If he's going to act as cover for Brezovan then fair play. He'll do a job if necessary.

With regards to the post about them steadily rising through the leagues..erm...well. Not really. They're in massive financial trouble & look odds on to be relegated next season. They gambled on promotion to the League over the last two years (much like Cambridge, in fact) & failed. They've got a £750k budget on attendances of ~300. You do the maths. They've ended up getting rid of loads of their (hugely overpaid, for part-timers) first team & blooding their (not very good) youngsters. Budget's being slashed to ~£250k for next season in order for the club to survive. Tough times ahead for them

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ahoyhoy, Cambridge United fan here so obviously I know plenty about Histon too. It's what it's like round this way.

Naisbitt's a good keeper but he's not League 1 standard. He's also a total wanker, but that's by the by. If you've signed him as a standin #1 whilst Kuipers is out then...well, you're idiots. If he's going to act as cover for Brezovan then fair play. He'll do a job if necessary.

With regards to the post about them steadily rising through the leagues..erm...well. Not really. They're in massive financial trouble & look odds on to be relegated next season. They gambled on promotion to the League over the last two years (much like Cambridge, in fact) & failed. They've got a £750k budget on attendances of ~300. You do the maths. They've ended up getting rid of loads of their (hugely overpaid, for part-timers) first team & blooding their (not very good) youngsters. Budget's being slashed to ~£250k for next season in order for the club to survive. Tough times ahead for them

Sounds like they have blown it and will go down quicker than they rose well above expectations.

el_goodo_cufc

Mar 9, 2010
They sacked the manager that won them 5 promotions in the last 10 years earlier this season & replaced him with Alan 'Vulture' Lewer. They need to sort themselves out in the close season or they're f***ed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here