Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This club needs SHAKING up before it is too late

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think this club is in a far worse situation then perhaps we realise or are happy to accept.
On the pitch the problems are obvious - small squad, players who are not good enough, lack of funds etc etc but are there deeper running problems off the field?
If rumours are to be believed then training consists largely of minimal tactics and maximum running and I cannot help but wonder where the tactical awareness comes from because I cannot see Bob Booker or Mark McGhee being particularly clued up as far as modern training techniques are concerned.
Also, why do our players come back from injury often only to get injured shortly after? Are they being rushed back to early or are they, as I suspect, simply not getting the correct treatment?
As far as attracting and marketing the club goes we seem to fall terribly short. While Charlton etc make strides in attracting SUSSEX based fans we offer half hearted deals to attract kids to games when we should be GIVING tickets away to local schools to win back the supporters we lost after leaving the Goldstone.
How many empty seats were there on Saturday? These could have been filled by school-kids who would all buy a programme, a burger and maybe, just maybe, pester their parents to bring them back.
The fans are taken for granted, the team looks fragmented and does not even acknowledge the supporters at the end of a season which has been poor beyond belief.
McGhee aside this club needs a shake up from the top down. I am not saying get rid of Dick Knight but it seems this club is lurking in the doldrums and needs knocking into shape before we become like Rotherham or the like.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure that giving tickets away to see that on Sunday would convince anyone to come back again.

And, how can you say that the club needs shaking up, and not saying get rid of Dick Knight - he runs the club, if we are in as bad a state as you suggest, DK most certainly should go

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm pleased to see the board room arn't happy McGhees performance. All those strange sides/formations - droppd the points that would have kept us up.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'd wager that there were around 9,000 empty seats on saturday.

Just JOKING, Richie.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
So, in essence, things are identical to how they have been for past 100 years.
You and me can lurk in the doldrums together. I have an infected eardrum, so if you sit to my right i'll not hear much. But i guarntee i shall nod and smile to approve of the things i might think you say one day. And i'll read your eternal fanzinery.

Last edited:

Aug 2, 2004
SW France
I agree entirely with this sensible thread,but not about the DK/McGhee bit.
Ithink that we have to have a BIG cash injection and a completely new management team............not up to a little supporter in SW France to come up with names,but happen to know that the manager of Toulouse Football Club has resigned to "go upstairs" and would relish the chance to manage in Angleterre.........
Eric Momberts is his name abd he did wonders with the youth team before taking over the first team...........voila!!!!:wave:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Richie Morris said:
I think this club is in a far worse situation then perhaps we realise or are happy to accept.
On the pitch the problems are obvious - small squad, players who are not good enough, lack of funds etc etc but are there deeper running problems off the field?
If rumours are to be believed then training consists largely of minimal tactics and maximum running and I cannot help but wonder where the tactical awareness comes from because I cannot see Bob Booker or Mark McGhee being particularly clued up as far as modern training techniques are concerned.
Also, why do our players come back from injury often only to get injured shortly after? Are they being rushed back to early or are they, as I suspect, simply not getting the correct treatment?
As far as attracting and marketing the club goes we seem to fall terribly short. While Charlton etc make strides in attracting SUSSEX based fans we offer half hearted deals to attract kids to games when we should be GIVING tickets away to local schools to win back the supporters we lost after leaving the Goldstone.
How many empty seats were there on Saturday? These could have been filled by school-kids who would all buy a programme, a burger and maybe, just maybe, pester their parents to bring them back.
The fans are taken for granted, the team looks fragmented and does not even acknowledge the supporters at the end of a season which has been poor beyond belief.
McGhee aside this club needs a shake up from the top down. I am not saying get rid of Dick Knight but it seems this club is lurking in the doldrums and needs knocking into shape before we become like Rotherham or the like.
Agree :clap: even things such as ball boys .. no disrespect to the little kids , but they are hardly clued up when we need to rush the ball back in play such as sheffield game and as a result balls get thrown back on the pitch resulting in the ref abandoning multiball and the element of a quick throwin lost .. incidently .. does the club own the burger bars or do they take a fixed rental ?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Its strange that our PR ands Marketing are so poor when Mr Knight made his money in that area

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Also, the fact some of our young players like Elphick and Fraser have to act as glorified ballboys is a bit rubbish as well.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
The Large One said:
In all seriousness Richie, why don't you write an article to submit for publication? Better still, write to the club with your concerns. You never know, you might get an answer or two to some of your concerns.

To be fair Al, I know that Richie talks shit a lot of the time, but your answer is nearly always the same, talk directly to the club about it.

By the sounds of things, it's now going to be a question of who you talk to at the club will depend on the answer you get, and that's no good at all.

Things need to come to a head and soon, and if the manager is going to be changed, that too needs to happen soon.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think it's finally just sunk in at boardroom level how much relegation is going to cost the club, and how short-sighted it was not to invest in staying in this division. And there's no way we'll be bouncing straight back up either, seeing as how Mcghee is already making noises about how he doesn't know where his next proper striker is coming from.

Just won't do :nono:

Last edited:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Richie Morris said:

And what medical evidence do you have to back up this claim? Or is this another wild journalistic stab in the dark?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: This club needs SHAKING up before it is too late

Theatre of Trees said:
And what medical evidence do you have to back up this claim? Or is this another wild journalistic stab in the dark?

What staggers me is how The Daily Sport can pass up on a talent like Richie's :lolol: :lolol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Richie Morris said:

If rumours are to be believed

Hmmm, good idea there. Lets believe all the rumours :shootself

Richie Morris said:

I cannot help but wonder where the tactical awareness comes from because I cannot see Bob Booker or Mark McGhee being particularly clued up as far as modern training techniques are concerned.

Why is that exactly? They are both relatively young and have had success in the past? What EVIDENCE are you basing this statement on (as if I didn't already know :rolleyes: )?

Richie Morris said:

as I suspect, simply not getting the correct treatment?

Because you are in an excellent position to judge that aren't you? Tell me, exactly what are your medical qualifications and what tests have you carried out on the players concerned in order to ascertain this viewpoint?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here