Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Third highest attendance of the round

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Only bettered by the Nottingham derby and Leeds v Bradford (only just).

Big club :D

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
To be fair, there is still quite an element of novelty, people wanting to see the first night game etc.

Still a good size crowd but I suspect closer to 10k in the 1st round next year.

Happy to be proved wrong though! :D

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
To be fair, there is still quite an element of novelty, people wanting to see the first night game etc.

Still a good size crowd but I suspect closer to 10k in the 1st round next year.

Happy to be proved wrong though! :D

True, although I wonder what it would be if we drew Palace or Stains in the first round (given that the only two attendences higher than ours were derbies)?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
more importantly.....thats almost 37000 people in 2 games, one being a 1st round cup match, it would have taken us 6-7 games at the Withdean!!! the money must be rolling in!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
True, although I wonder what it would be if we drew Palace or Stains in the first round (given that the only two attendences higher than ours were derbies)?

I could be wrong but I don't think we could have drawn another Championship side in the first round. I believe it is seeded

However, Charlton would have been interesting. To be fair, Gillingham's following wasn't bad last night.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I could be wrong but I don't think we could have drawn another Championship side in the first round. I believe it is seeded

However, Charlton would have been interesting. To be fair, Gillingham's following wasn't bad last night.

Well, at least we'll have a chance of drawing Palarse next season then :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here